Boss Waza Craft MT-2W Metal Zone Effects Pedal
- Out of stock
- Premium Waza Craft pedal with all-analogue audio circuitry
- Innovative dual-stage gain circuit built with discrete analogue components
- Standard mode updates the famous MT-2 Metal Zone sound with improved clarity and lower noise
- Custom mode delivers full-throttle gain tones with wider range, increased dynamics, and tighter low end
- Powerful three-band EQ provides intense sound customisation with High, Low, and sweepable Midrange and up to 15 dB boost/cut on each band
- Premium buffer for clean and clear tone when bypassed
The Boss MT-2W stamps Waza Craft mojo on the iconic MT-2 Metal Zone Distortion pedal.
For over 25 years, the MT-2 Metal Zone has been one of the most popular and influential compact pedals in the BOSS lineup, with overall sales that are second only to the venerable DS-1 Distortion. Made in Japan and infused with Waza Craft mojo, the MT-2W takes the iconic stomp to new levels of tonal range and versatility. Standard mode delivers an evolved version of the original mid-focused Metal Zone tone, while Custom mode introduces a fresh, wide-ranging voice that's perfectly suited for today's diverse high-gain styles.
The Metal Zone: A Milestone in High-Gain Stomps
First released in 1991 and in continuous production ever since, the MT-2 Metal Zone is loved by guitarists everywhere for its thick, rich distortion and distinctive mid-focused character. Capable of producing a versatile range of heavy tones, the MT-2's innovative dual-stage gain circuit has influenced legions of pedal designers through the years. Another standout feature is its groundbreaking three-band EQ with parametric midrange, which provides deep sound-shaping ability for covering numerous high-gain styles. The pedal was also one of the first BOSS compacts with dual-concentric knobs, offering expanded control without increasing size.
MT-2W: Refined Tones with Waza Craftsmanship
Like all Waza Craft pedals, the MT-2W infuses an original BOSS analogue design with artful refinements for enhanced performance and versatility. The dual-stage gain circuit features a discrete design with carefully selected components, providing premium tones with increased clarity. The EQ has been refined as well, with a smoother midrange tone and unique Q values specially tuned for the pedal's Standard and Custom modes.
Standard Mode: Enhanced Metal Zone
Supported by the discrete components in the MT-2W's dual-stage gain circuit, Standard mode takes the Metal Zone's famous mid-driven sound to the next level. The attack is even more responsive, and the definition and clarity has been enhanced as well. Noise has been reduced too, providing improved performance at ultra-high gain settings.
Custom Mode: Wide and Tight
Engaging the MT-2W's Custom mode voices the pedal for a huge, wide-ranging sound, making it ideal for nearly any current heavy style. The tone is natural and open, with increased dynamics and rounder lower mids than Standard mode. Even at the highest gain settings, the low end remains full yet tight, focused, and well-defined, perfect for chugging out low-tuned riffs. The sound also cleans up very nicely when reducing your guitar's volume, putting an extremely balanced range of tones under your fingers.
Waza Craft: The Art of Superior Tone
Since the beginning, the engineers at BOSS have been committed to achieving the finest guitar tones using any technology necessary, from old-school analogue circuits to high-tech DSP. This enthusiastic spirit continues on with the Waza Craft series, which brings you exceptional tone and touch response through carefully selected analogue components, refined circuitry, and meticulous attention to detail. In Japan, 'Waza' is the term for art and technique, and these special edition pedals proudly carry the Waza symbol to represent the pinnacle of BOSS design and craftsmanship.
This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: from £12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Boss Warranty Information: 5 Years for pedals. 2 years for all other Boss products from 1st May 2021
1st May 2021. The following changes will bring consistency to all sales territories as currently there are local variances.
New Warranty Policy:
• Minimum “Standard” manufacturer’s warranty will now be 2-years (increase from 1-year standard, down from 3-years extended)
• Additional years will be dependent on a product category:
◦ 5-years Boss Compacts
◦ 10-years for HP/LX/GP/DP/KF Pianos
◦ Lifetime Cable Warranty for specific cables (details will be on the product box)
• The customer no longer needs to register the product, however, a new Roland Account system/campaign will launch later this month
• The new customer accounts will very clearly show what Roland/Boss products the customer owns but also pull through any relevant information or services available to the customer in support of their product(s)
◦ Free Technical Support
◦ Firmware Updates
◦ Tutorial Video
◦ Supported Apps
◦ Owner’s Manuals/References
Please note this information is provided for guidance only as manufacturer warranties may be updated from time to time. For full please visit the manufacturer's website here:
3 years warranty for VIP members
Boss Waza Craft