What information do we collect?
Absolute Music collects information from our customers when a transaction is made or when a quote is created. We also store your personal data if you have opted in to our VIP membership, and through cookie technology on our websites
Where provided, the personal data that we will keep will consist of your name, telephone number, email address, billing address, delivery address, the goods you purchased, the IP address used at the time of transaction, the products and product categories of goods you have purchased or discussed with us, whether you wish to receive marketing communication and your communication preferences.
If you visit our store we record CCTV images for security purposes.
Our website is not directed at children under the age of 13.
How do we use the data?
- We will use your personal data to process your order and manage your account for the purposes of completing a contract of sale of goods or services, or generating a quote for goods or services. Additionally, if you have given your consent, we will use your data to provide you with information on products, services, and for other relevant marketing communication.
- Your data is required by us and specific third parties for the processing of transactions, delivery of goods, and account management. We will only give your data to a third party if it is required to complete a transaction, (for example if we deliver your order from one of suppliers directly). Additionally, we will use relevant sales data to decide on business strategies and for other statistical purposes.
- For the purpose of processing your order to complete a contract of sale, if you do not supply the required personal information we may be unable to complete the transaction and you may not receive your goods and complete the contract.
- We use automated decision making to tailor marketing content to your preferences if you have agreed to receive marketing communication from us. In this case, we will use the information you supply to us that is relevant to our products and services to ensure you receive communication based on your interests and preferences.
To complete a transaction and to allow delivery of goods, it will be necessary for us to pass relevant information to courier and delivery services that we use. These are DPD, Fedex, Royal Mail, Schenker, Wyvern Cargo. If the item is to be delivered by one of our suppliers directly, then we will inform you before we pass your data to the supplier that needs your information to allow successful delivery of goods. In this case, they will pass your details on to their courier for delivery purposes only.
Some instant download products we sell use an automated system to process your order with a specific third-party software supplier – Plugin Boutique. If you order a 'PiB' product your data will be passed to them so that your order can be processed. Plugin Boutique will also keep your data on their internal system to track customer purchases of their software.
How do we protect your data?
- Any personal data we hold is kept and processed on secure computer systems, and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage through encryption, access control, physical security and other appropriate technologies. Absolute Music continually reviews and enhances its security systems, as necessary.
- The agreements and contracts that we have in place with all third parties who process your data ensure that your information will not be used for any other purpose other than for what it was intended, and that the data will be suppressed or deleted after a reasonable time after the data has been processed.
- Absolute Music limits access to personal information to those employees of Absolute Music and its affiliates who need it to fulfill their business responsibilities. Employees must adhere to Absolute Music privacy policies. Employees violating these policies may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. Vendors and other outside contractors we engage are subject to our contractual requirements to ensure that sensitive personal information is safeguarded.
- Your personal data will generally be kept by us for a period of five years after a purchase to ensure we comply with any financial and legal requirements, or at least for the length of any warranty period. If you have agreed to receive marketing communication from us, then we will keep your details until such time as you ask for them to be removed or updated, or such a time where the data is no longer required or is known to be out of date.
Your rights - access to your information and correction
- You have legal rights as to how we are able to use your data. The relevant legislation to which we comply is the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998), PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003), and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation 2016).
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If any of the information is incorrect or incomplete we will change it if you have provided us with enough information to verify your identity.
- You have the right to object to your data being processed
- You have the right to withdraw consent for us to retain and process your data at any time, subject to legal requirements and with respect to warranty periods.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that we have not used your data fairly and honestly.
To exercise any of the above rights, then please contact our Privacy department - please find these details below.
Data protection contact details:Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01202 597180
Absolute Music Solutions Ltd
3-5 Knighton Heath Estate
855 Ringwood Road