Shure SM81 Condenser Instrument Microphone
The legendary Shure SM81 is an industry-standard, flat-response cardioid condenser microphone, featuring a wide frequency response and low self-noise.
- Flat response curve for accurate reproduction of sound sources
- 0 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Selectable low-frequency response: flat, 6 or 18 dB/octave rolloff
- Phantom powering (DIN 45 596 voltages of 12 to 48 Vdc)
- Low distortion over a wide range of load impedances
- Low noise and high output clipping level
- Read More
The SM81 is the perfect choice for a professional musician or sound engineer who is looking to mic up acoustic instruments such as acoustic guitar, piano and cymbals. The SM81 is ideally suited for stage use but is equally at home in the recording studio.
The SM81 has a flat response curve for accurate reproduction of the sound source and can also be modified via a bass roll off switch. The 0dB/10bB lockable attenuator switch gives you even more flexibility when miking up loud sound sources. The SM81 has a cardioid polar pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimising handling noise.
Shure SM81 Specifications
Transducer Type: Condenser
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Sensitivity (1 kHz): -45,0 dBV/Pa / 5,6 mV/Pa
Equivalent Selfnoise: 18 dB(A)
Sound Pressure: 136 dB (pad off) and 146 dB (pad on)
Weight: 230 g