Roland VAD103 V-Drums Acoustic Design Electronic Drum Kit
As the entry point to the V-Drums Acoustic Design series, the VAD103 is the affordable all-digital kit that captures the vibe and feel of a traditional acoustic set, complete with shallow-depth wood drum shells. Keep the noise down with Roland's acclaimed double-ply mesh heads and a smart air-damping system in the kick drum, and then let loose when it's showtime. Stay focused with a streamlined tom layout or express yourself with a full array of cymbals. Mount the VAD103's large drum and cymbal pads to regular stands to accompany the 18-inch kick drum for a classic acoustic kit vibe, and set it up anywhere in your home thanks to the compact footprint. Go beyond acoustic drums with the TD-07 module offering authentic kits for every musical style, deep editing for creating your signature sound, a built-in Coach mode for developing your technique, plus Bluetooth® connectivity for drumming along to your favourite bands—streamed from your phone, tablet, or computer.
• TD-07 module with 25 preset kits, 25 user kits, and 143 instruments
• V-Edit, EQ, ambience, and 30 multi-effects offer deep editing tools to create your perfect drum kit sounds
• Snare and tom pads with Roland's legendary double-ply, tension-adjustable mesh drumheads
• PDA120LS-BK 12-inch snare pad with independent head and rim zones for assigning different sounds; mounts on a conventional snare drum stand
• PDA100L-BK 10-inch rack tom pad and PDA120L-BK 12-inch floor tom pad with independent head and rim zones for assigning different sounds
• KD-180L-BK 18-inch kick drum with trigger pad mounted to a drumhead provides positive beater resistance, rebound, and real feel
• Chrome-finished, double-braced cymbal and cymbal/tom combination stands feature durable ball clamps to easily adjust pad heights and angles, with secure and sturdy mounting
• Integrated Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream sound from phones, tablets, and other Bluetooth devices and send MIDI data to music apps
• Advanced built-in metronome with the ability to adjust time signature, note value, and click tone
• Onboard Coach function provides interactive tools to build timing skills and track progress
• USB for recording audio and MIDI data to computer music software
• Support for kit expansion with a second crash cymbal (V-Cymbal and DBS-10 cymbal stands sold separately)
• 40 free lessons with Melodics, an interactive drum lesson app for Mac and Windows computers and iPad
The Latest Generation of V-Drums
In 1997, Roland V-Drums pioneered electronic drum kits as we know them today and continue to lead the way when it comes to innovation. Often imitated but never bettered, V-Drums set the standard by which all other electronic drum sets are measured, and the VAD103 upholds that tradition with unbeatable durability, precision sensing and sound, class-leading pad designs, and behaviour modelling technology developed over decades of R&D. As part of the acclaimed V-Drums Acoustic Design series, the electronic drumming experience goes deeper with real wood shells and acoustic drum presence. With the VAD103, you get a truly exciting and unique drumming experience—not just a simulation.
Bigger Pads, Better Feel, Smaller Footprint
Generally, larger drums mean better performance—until you realise your new full-size kit takes up more space than you have available. The VAD103 is the perfect balance of playability, pad size, and compact footprint. An 18-inch kick provides that satisfying “push” as your foot activates the beater but is purposefully shallow for where space is tight. The 12-inch snare and floor tom pads, along with the 10-inch rack tom pad, are sizeable enough for an authentic kit feel but compact enough to fit into smaller spaces. Mounting to an acoustic stand, the VH-10 hi-hat completes the acoustic vibe, while dedicated 12-inch crash and 13-inch ride cymbals feel satisfying to play without swamping your space. Choose the VAD103 for a kit that feels substantial to play but is compact enough to fit into everyday life.
Drum Tones for Every Genre, Song, and Band
At the heart of the VAD103 is the TD-07 sound module, offering 25 ready-to-play drum kits. Recorded by pro drummers in high-end studios and brought to life by our advanced behaviour modelling technology, each kit sounds and reacts just like acoustic drums. With kits that span acoustic, electronic, and percussion sounds, the TD-07 module puts it all at your fingertips for when you just want to get drumming. And if you want to go deeper, you can dream up and create up to 25 of your own kits.
The Quietest Electronic Drums Around
It's a game changer to discover that electronic drums let you connect headphones and play properly without disturbing those around you. But liberating as that may sound, lesser electronic drums are compromised by loud pad noise and vibration, so while it feels like you're playing quietly, the noise spills through walls and floors. The VAD103's pads are designed to be truly quiet, reducing stick noise and vibration without compromising playing feel.
Unbeatable Feel from Roland's Revolutionary Mesh Heads
Back in the mid-'90s, our engineers wanted to move on from the solid rubber pads of the day to offer something that looked and felt more like a traditional drumhead. Roland's double-ply mesh heads were launched in 1997, quickly becoming the standard for electronic drums—but not all mesh heads are created equal. While other electronic drum kits use a single layer of mesh, Roland's tension-adjustable mesh pads use two layers of advanced custom material that are aligned using a precise method for accurate rebound, better durability, and lower noise. And despite countless imitators, they're still the choice of drummers who demand the best.
Stream Audio and Jam with Your Favourite Bands
We all have a favourite song that we'd love to play along to. Close your eyes, pick up the sticks, and imagine being on stage playing to a capacity crowd. The VAD103's TD-07 module gives you that same thrill, even if you're playing alone at home. Thanks to Bluetooth connectivity, you can pair your phone, tablet, or laptop and stream audio directly to the module. You'll hear your drumming along with the audio—and suddenly you're a member of the band. Audio from videos can be streamed too, so you can play along with online lessons and develop faster. And if your device doesn't have Bluetooth, you can connect with a stereo audio cable.
Onboard Coach Mode for Sharpening Your Skills
Whether you're taking drum lessons or teaching yourself via online tutorials, you'll need a way to stay focused and keep improving. The VAD103's Coach mode tests your timing and accuracy with a series of fun and engaging challenges that go from easy to hard. Highlighting what you're doing right and where you need to tighten up, it's like having a drum coach to guide you whenever you pick up the sticks.
Free Online Drum Lessons with Melodics
Melodics™ is an online tuition platform that breaks down a drumbeat step-by-step and helps you play it within the context of a song. Hook up your V-Drums kit to Melodics via a computer or tablet and play along with a variety of interactive lessons from total beginner to expert, complete with pointers on what you need to work on. Start off with free access to 40 lessons, plus the opportunity to upgrade for more lessons as you need them.
Record Your Drumming in Seconds
The TD-07 module connects directly to your computer via a single USB cable for easy stereo audio capture of your performances in music recording software. Assess your progress, share a drum performance with the band, or add realistic drums to your song productions. Better still, MIDI can also be sent down the same USB cable.
This product is on order with our suppliers.
Please note that we are experiencing delays from most of our suppliers and cannot guarantee delivery times. Where possible, we recommend that you choose an alternative product that is showing as being in stock. Feel free to contact us for help, thank you.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD Local who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: from £12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Roland Warranty Information: 2 Year as standard but can be extended by registering at Roland.com
1st May 2021. The following changes will bring consistency to all sales territories as currently there are local variances.
New Warranty Policy:
• Minimum “Standard” manufacturer’s warranty will now be 2-years (increase from 1-year standard, down from 3-years extended)
• Additional years will be dependent on a product category:
◦ 5-years Boss Compacts
◦ 10-years for HP/LX/GP/DP/KF Pianos
◦ Lifetime Cable Warranty for specific cables (details will be on the product box)
• The customer no longer needs to register the product, however, a new Roland Account system/campaign will launch later this month
• The new customer accounts will very clearly show what Roland/Boss products the customer owns but also pull through any relevant information or services available to the customer in support of their product(s)
◦ Free Technical Support
◦ Firmware Updates
◦ Tutorial Video
◦ Supported Apps
◦ Owner’s Manuals/References
Please note this information is provided for guidance only as manufacturer warranties may be updated from time to time. For full please visit the manufacturer's website here:
3 years warranty for VIP members
Number of heads: