Roland GR-55S-BK Guitar Synth, Black (pickup not included)
- A revolutionary fusion of guitar synthesis and powerful COSM guitar modelling
- Up to four sound sources at a time: two PCM synth tones, plus COSM guitar modelling and normal guitar input
- Easy to use and easy to play with hundreds of great, ready-to-use sounds for rock or pop guitarists
- Advanced Roland technology provides superb sound quality and lightning-fast processing
- Over 900 of Roland's latest fully editable PCM sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage synths and much more
- Two types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects and an on-board looper
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control
The Roland GR-55S is a revolution in guitar synthesis, with features never before available in any guitar processor. It's faster and more accurate, thanks to newly developed pitch-detection technology. As for sound, the triple-core generator houses an array of guitars, basses, amps and synth voices, enabling tones and textures that have never been heard before. Onstage or in the studio, you can instantly access the GR-55S's huge library of ready-to-use sounds with quick-access category buttons.
New Sound Possibilities
The GR-55S' powerful triple-core engine comprises two PCM synthesizers (with over 900 tones powered by the latest Roland synthesis technology) and COSM guitar modelling, featuring a virtual treasure trove of guitar, bass, amp and synth models. Together, these combined technologies allow you to create unique, revolutionary sounds. The 'Metal Synth Lead' preset, for example, combines two types of thick, brilliant synth textures with an overdriven solid-body/humbucking tone for incredible punch and power.
Thanks to Roland's decades of research and dedication to guitar synthesizers and powerful new pitch detection technology, the GR-55S is far and away the fastest guitar synth ever. Furthermore, the COSM guitar-modelling engine needs zero detection time, allowing the GR-55S to respond instantly and exactly as you play. The GR-55S detects pitch, velocity, and behaviour for unprecedented response to your performance.
Get ready to rock … and fast! The GR-55S puts you instantly in touch with a huge library of amazing sounds, no editing required. The on-board line-up of ready-to-use presets (270, plus 297 user) takes the pain out of the process, with simple category buttons for finding the perfect sound fast. Choose from hundreds of great presets for pop, rock, and beyond, and kick-start your song or jam with unique, powerful sounds that will turn heads and raise fists.
Easy to Use
If you're new to the world of technology, fear not. The GR-55S is powerful yet extremely friendly. For customising sounds, the EZ Edit feature (made famous in the GT-10) and large LCD takes the guesswork out of the process. And for those who want to go deep, the GR-55S offers huge array of controllable parameters. Pros will appreciate the power of the GR-55S while beginners will love how quick and easy the unit is to operate.
The GR-55S conveniently bridges the guitarist to the desktop music production world with its two USB ports. The rear-panel port can be used for MIDI/Audio data communication, the side-panel port is dedicated to real-time playback of audio files from a USB memory device (sold separately). The GR-55S provides foot control of USB audio playback so your hands never need to leave the guitar.
Please note that this package does not include the GK3A pickup.
This product is in stock and ready to ship
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message.
Mainland UK: FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: from £12
We regret that we do not ship this item outside the UK
Roland Warranty Information: 2 Year as standard but can be extended by registering at Roland.com
1st May 2021. The following changes will bring consistency to all sales territories as currently there are local variances.
New Warranty Policy:
• Minimum “Standard” manufacturer’s warranty will now be 2-years (increase from 1-year standard, down from 3-years extended)
• Additional years will be dependent on a product category:
◦ 5-years Boss Compacts
◦ 10-years for HP/LX/GP/DP/KF Pianos
◦ Lifetime Cable Warranty for specific cables (details will be on the product box)
• The customer no longer needs to register the product, however, a new Roland Account system/campaign will launch later this month
• The new customer accounts will very clearly show what Roland/Boss products the customer owns but also pull through any relevant information or services available to the customer in support of their product(s)
◦ Free Technical Support
◦ Firmware Updates
◦ Tutorial Video
◦ Supported Apps
◦ Owner’s Manuals/References
Please note this information is provided for guidance only as manufacturer warranties may be updated from time to time. For full please visit the manufacturer's website here:
3 years warranty for VIP members