Hiscox STD-AC-B/S Standard Acoustic Guitar Case - Black/Silver
The Hiscox STD-AC case is constructed from their Liteflite material making it tough and lightweight. This case is designed to fit most Dreadnought or Folk sized guitars and features a plush lined interior.
- Suitable for Dreadnought or Folk size acoustic guitars
- Tough ABS exterior
- Plush lined interior
- Lightweight construction
- Internal accessories compartment
- Read More
Hiscox STD-AC Internal Case Dimensions
Length: 1067 mm / 42 inches
Lower Bout: 406 mm / 16 inches
Upper Bout: 292 mm / 11.50 inches
Body Length: 514 mm / 20.25 inches
Body Depth: 134 mm / 5.25 inches
Weight: 3.8 Kgs / 8.4 lbs
Established in 1985, Hiscox Cases is the brainchild of Brynn Hiscox, a qualified mechanical engineer and professional guitar maker. The company developed and perfected a UNIQUE case construction design (+) and now sells in more than 20 countries worldwide from the U.S.A. to Australia. Many of the worlds finest instrument makers choose Hiscox cases as their primary case supplier.
This popularity is no accident, it has been achieved by consistent quality of product, quality of service and value for money pricing.
The main highlights of the Hiscox product range when compared against other available musical instrument cases on the market, are as follows:-
1. Hiscox cases are wholly manufactured in the U.K. and carry a full three-year warranty.
2. With the exception of the internal fabric all raw materials in the manufacture of the products are sourced within the UK.
3. The products are always manufactured with the primary objective of instrument protection and on average carry a crush resistance rate greater than 500kg.
4. The outer ABS shell material is chosen not only for its high impact resistance, but critically for the ability to chemically bond to the inner moulding during the manufacturing process creating an extremely strong yet light weight COMPOSITE structure.
5. The inner moulding of the cases is manufactured from a blend of polyurethane insulating foam which has been developed and is UNIQUE to Hiscox cases. It is a closed cell semi-rigid low weight design which gives the following qualities, all of which are included to protect the instrument within the case:-
1. High level of shock protection
2. Excellent structural rigidity when bonded to the outer shell
3. A high level of thermal insulation protecting against rapid temperature changes. ( see www.hiscoxcases.com for important information on thermal insulation performance )
4. It is developed to bond directly to the fabric case lining during the manufacturing process, with no use of secondary adhesive.
6. Aluminium Valance: - Unique to Hiscox design. Although Hiscox cases are not guaranteed waterproof, the double 'lip' lid to base mating feature helps to stop water ingress in rain/shower conditions (SEE TESTIMONIAL - NEW YORK RECORDING STUDIO FLOODED TO CEILING LEVEL, HURRICANE SANDY, LOWDEN GUITAR IN HISCOX CASE ONLY INSTRUMENT TO SURVIVE!!!).
75% of the aluminium rim is hidden from view behind the ABS shell. All of the hardware (except one or two feet) is riveted into this vitally important metal rim.
7. All fixings including the catches and handles are fully tested. It is believed that their security is second to none.
8. Hiscox cases unique internal padding can be customised, often at minimal cost, so that a vast range of instrument sizes can be made to be properly supported. No other case supplier at Hiscox price point offers this facility.
9. Hiscox acoustic guitar cases are offered in 3 ranges, 'Standard', 'Pro 2' and Artist'
(+) For more information on Hiscox Cases go to www.hiscoxcases.com and please spare the time to watch the very informative 'How they are made' video.