Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-2 Dual Channel Mic Activator
The Cloudlifter CL-2 Mic Activator is a dual channel, easy to use, compact solution for common audio problems faced in the field and in the studio.
- Gives passive mics up to +25dB additional active output
- Provides 2 distinct stages of ultra-clean gain
- Easy to use self contained design requires only phantom power
- Recommended for use with all passive dynamic microphones
- Safe for all passive ribbons with no transfer of phantom
- Utilises Patent Pending Class A, Discrete JFET circuitry
- Rugged, road ready and portable, for studio, stage and broadcasting
- Read More
Designed for all passive microphones – including ribbons- the CL-2 safely uses any standard phantom powered microphone input device to provide two independent channels of up to +25db of ultra-clean, transparent gain.
Cloudlifters dramatically improve the performance of passive microphone signals by driving stronger, cleaner signals over longer XLR cable runs, making them ideal for broadcast, live, and studio applications. Enclosed in a rugged steel enclosure offering excellent shielding, the CL-2 additionally has provisions for stage or stand mounting with the included strap.
Using patent pending technology that keeps the direct audio path free-and-clear of transformers, capacitors, and resistors, the CL-2 houses discrete JFET circuitry that delivers world class, ultra-clean gain while preserving the natural sonic characteristics of the source.
Cloudlifters are recommended for improving the signal to noise ratio and performance of passive microphone/preamp combinations with the following:
– Recording direct into a DAW interface
– Noisy or low gain preamps
– Mixers/preamps that negatively impact the sound at higher gain setting
– Passive ribbon microphones
– Low-output dynamic microphones
– Miking softer sound sources such as acoustic instruments and voice
– Long cable runs (output)