AKG C414 XL II/ST condenser microphones (stereo pair)
The AKG C 414 XL II is the successor of the famous C 414 B-TL II. It shows the unique sonic signature of the highly sought after AKG C 12 which enables lead vocals and solo instruments to be placed even in a dense mix. The unrivalled up-front sound is also well-known for distant miking applications like classic music recording or drum ambience miking.
The XL II version differs from the XLS version in one major respect - the capsule. Both, the slight presence boost and the impressive spatial reproduction is similar to the legendary C 12 microphones.
Realistic stereo recordings require microphones with outstanding performance and excellent quality. They also require performance consistency and accurate localisation from the pair of microphones. Therefore, every factory-matched pair has been created from thousands of individual microphones selected by AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method. The result is the highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity for stunning, three-dimensional recordings.
- Read More
The matched pairs consist of two microphones that are within 1 dB to each other in sensitivity and also within 1 dB to each other in the range of 300 Hz to 8,000 Hz of the individual frequency response when used in cardioid mode. The microphones are selected from a large quantity of individual microphones according to the described criteria by using a proprietary computer program.
Using this matched pair for stereo recordings in various techniques will provide a good and stable balance without frequency-dependent shifting of the stereo panorama.
AKG C 414 XL/ST Features
• Absolutely perfectly matched stereo pair thanks to AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method
• Highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity
• Selected from thousands of individual microphones
• Nine selectable pickup patterns enables to choose the perfect setting for every application
• Lock Mode: all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use
• Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
• Incredible Dynamic Range of 152 dB
• Three switchable different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
• Leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components ensure shortest signal path and extra protection against moisture
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
5 Recommended Accessories
Brand Akg Condition New
Other products to consider
AKG C414 XLS ST condenser microphones (stereo pair)£1,267.03Ordered on Request*
Neumann M 147 Tube Condenser Microphone£2,185.00Ordered on Request*