Warm Audio WA-2A Optical Compressor
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic '2A-style optical compressor.
- Classic '2A style compressor
- Premium CineMag USA Transformers
- Kenetek opto attenuator
- Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes
- Smooth compression ideal for vocals
Though digital technology and software have made great strides in recent years, Warm Audio still believe that nothing compares to the level of articulation, depth, realism, and responsiveness of a well-built piece of analogue gear. When you hear the bottom-end presence and top-end detail of quality analogue gear, the difference can be astounding. The cost of most boutique analogue equipment is financially out of reach for many recording artists. Warm Audio's mission is to change this, and introduce as many people as they can to recording and mixing with real, dedicated hardware.
- Read More
'2A Style Optical Compressor - Made Affordable
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic '2A-style optical compressor. For decades, the renowned '2A style circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
Releasing the WA-2A would be for nothing if it couldn't be made affordable. Since the start of Warm Audio, they have strived to give an unprecedented value to their customers, by putting high end audio within the reach of more people than ever before. This philosophy drives everything they do, and every product they offer.
Premium Components in every Warm Audio Product
The WA-2A is a high-voltage, Class-A opto-compressor, utilising large-core CineMag USA Transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell - considered by many to be the world's finest.
A Four Tube Operation
The WA-2A operates on four tubes: two 12AX7's, one 12BH7, and one 6P1J. Warm Audio proudly use Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix brand tubes in the signal path, which sound very 'open' and LARGE. All 4 tubes are socketed for easy swapping and replacement.
Warm Audio WA-2A Specifications
- '2A Style, Transformer balanced, high voltage, opto tube compressor.
- Utilises premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- Utilises USA made Kenetek opto attenuator.
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes. 2x 12ax7, 1x 12bh7, 1x 6aq5
- Fully discrete signal path.
- Socketed to allow for retro-fitting with other opto-cells.
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression hi-pass filtering.
- Stereo-link capability.
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance.
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance.
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz.
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB.
- Input Level +16 dB maximum.
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum.
- Distortion Less than 0.1% THD at ±10 dBm.
- Noise = -74dB.
- Attack Time - 10 milliseconds.
- Release Time - 0.06 seconds for 50% release.
- 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release.
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output.
- Power - 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz.
- Dimensions - 19-inch Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19 x 7 x 3.5-inches.
- Weight - 12 lbs.
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
On demo in store No Brand Warm Audio Condition New
|This product has no reviews yet.|