Universal Audio 6176 Channel Strip
The Universal Audio 6176 Vintage Channel Strip combines the alluring, all-tube sounds of the legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 microphone preamp, with the signature FET compression of our 1176LN to create the ultimate recording channel strip.
- All-tube mic preamp section derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Signature 1176LN Class A FET compressor section - heard on countless hit records for more than 30 years
- 'Split' or 'Join' switch allows separate or series operation of the preamp and compressor
- High and Low frequency shelving EQ
- Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
- Mic, balanced Line, and Hi-Z inputs
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Read More
The warm, smooth tones of this mic preamp design — employed to record everyone from Frank Sinatra to Van Halen I — and the unique characteristics of the compressor, are two major reasons why the 6176 is found in studios around the world.
Thanks to its straightforward controls and hallmark sound, the 6176 is the signal path of choice for engineering heavyweights like Vance Powell and Joe Chiccarelli, plus artists including Chris Martin of Coldplay, Norah Jones, Wyclef Jean, and James Mercer of The Shins. The ability to 'Split' or 'Join' the preamp and the compressor sections via a simple switch gives the 6176 added flexibility. This is truly UA's premier channel strip, and among the world's finest.