Tascam US-2x2HR USB-C High Resolution Audio Interface
The US-2x2HR is a member of the Tascam US-HR series of high-resolution USB audio interfaces. It provides two mic/line/instrument switchable inputs and two balanced line outputs as well as MIDI I/O to your Windows or Mac computer or your iPhone or iPad. This interface is ideal for music creation and home recording with high demands on simple operation and studio-quality sound. The included loopback function and support for Open Broadcaster Software (OBS Studio), however, makes it also an excellent choice for podcast creation and live streaming.
Lower Noise And Distortion – Better Sound Than Ever
The compact US-2x2HR incorporates a wealth of features, including high audio resolution up to 24-bit/192 kHz, ultra-low latency with a Windows buffer size starting at four samples, Ultra-HDDA mic preamplifiers with 48-volt phantom power for superior sound quality with ultra-low noise, a robust USB Type C connector, and a rich assortment of included software to start producing audio right away. This interface can also be used for mobile production or live streaming using your iPhone or iPad* with the included Cubasis LE. Simply put, the US-2x2HR helps you create and distribute great-sounding audio wherever you go.
Usability Is Key
All US-HR models offer a unique dye-cast aluminium honeycomb structure on the side panels with a slight upward tilt. This design not only results in a sleek, eye-catching design, it also provides just the right amount of weight so the interface won't move when cables are connected or disconnected. Equally important, the upward tilt offers the ergonomic benefit of being angled in such a way as to make the interface easy to work with.
If you're a musician, producer or home-recordist who needs a solid, uncluttered, easy-to-use audio interface with superb sound quality, the Tascam US-2x2HR can be your reliable partner for many years.
The Ultra-HDDA (High-Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps used on the US-HR series feature a discrete construction. They have a higher number of components and are far away from mass-produced preamps. Their EIN (equivalent input noise) rating, which measures the absence of noise, is truly low for the US-2x2HR and US-4x4HR. Combined with a newly improved audio circuit and support for sampling rates up to 192 kHz, Tascam's in-house developed microphone preamplifier delivers enhanced audio performance with the most transparent and low-noise sound, reflected in a signal-to-noise ratio of 110 dB.
Features at a glance
• Advanced version of Tascam's popular US-2x2 with even better sound quality
• Provides 2 audio inputs and 2 audio outputs as well as a MIDI interface to a Windows or Mac computer or iOS device
• Audio resolution up to 192 kHz / 24 bit
• USB Audio Compliance 2.0 for iOS connection
• Two analogue mic/line inputs on XLR/TRS balanced combo connectors
• High-quality Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amps with ultra-low noise (EIN: –128 dBu)
• Wide input gain range of 56 dB, ideal for dynamic microphones
• Switchable 48-Volt phantom power on XLR inputs
• TRS inputs 1/2 can each be switched to instrument-level for direct recording of guitar or bass
• Two line outputs (balanced TRS)
• Direct monitor option for low-latency monitoring
• Monitor mix control for adjusting the level balance between signals from external devices and signals from the computer
• Two headphones outputs delivering 45 mW per channel
• Independent level controls for line and phones outputs
• MIDI input/output
• Standalone operation as a simple preamplifier for practice sessions and more
• Rugged aluminium body
• Angled industrial design for ease-of-use on a desktop
• In-house developed driver for Windows devices ensures stable operation with low latency
• The buffer size for Windows can be selcted up from 4 samples to facilitate a recording environment with ultra-low latency
• Each input can be switched on/off individually
• Input monitor mode can be selected between stereo and mono
• You can select which signals are output at the line outputs
• A loopback function allows two audio channels from the computer to be merged with the input signals and send this mix to the streaming or communication software
• Input and computer signals can each be selected between stereo and mono
• A slider lets you adjust the broadcast level
• Switchable auto power save mode to reduce battery consumption on the laptop/tablet computer in mobile use
• Automatic update function available for software, driver and firmware updates (you can install new updates with the press of a button)
• Bundled with Cubase LE and Cubasis LE3, IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 SE and Antares Auto-Tune Unlimited (free 3-month subscription)
• Compatible with major DAW software
USB cable (Type-A to Type-C)
DAW software installation guide
DAW plug-in software installation guide set
Owner's manual（warranty card included)
This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: from £12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Tascam Warranty Information: 1 Year
Please note this information is provided for guidance only as manufacturer warranties may be updated from time to time
3 years warranty for VIP members
No. of Outputs: