Sontronics STC-10 pencil condenser microphone (Black)
SONTRONICS STC-10 cardioid condenser microphone
Based on Sontronics' ever-popular STC-1, the new STC-10 was launched with four other products to mark Sontronics' fifth anniversary in January 2010.
STC-10 is a pencil-style carioid condenser microphone. It has been designed using the same technology as the STC-1 but has purposely been introduced to create an even more affordable option in the Sontronics range.
Pencil condenser microphones are ideal for spot miking applications and the STC-10 is no exception. Early tests have proved it to be a winner when used on drums, percussion and acoustic instruments. The STC-10 has also proved useful in film production work when used on a boom.
Although the STC-10 has been designed with affordability in mind, it still features a built-in attenuation switch (choose 0dB or -10dB) and a low-cut filter (75Hz) to make it extremely flexible in all situations. The STC-10 is supplied with a simple mic clip.
STC-10 in a nutshell
• Pencil condenser microphone
• With built-in -10dB pad and 75Hz filter
• Great value option for most direct miking applications
• Ideal on drums, percussion, acoustic instruments, film production
• Frequency response: 30Hz to 20kHz
• Sensitivity: 11mV/Pa ±1dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
• Polar pattern: Cardioid
• Impedance: ≤200 Ohms
• Equivalent noise level: 18dB (A-weighted)
• Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz): 130dB
• Power source: Phantom power 48V ±4V
• Pad: -10dB
• Filter: 75Hz
• Connector: Three-pin XLR