The GP-9M brings you Roland’s premier piano experience, offering refined musical expression in a sophisticated and luxurious instrument that makes a majestic statement in any space. This impressive piano includes the same flagship sound and features as its sister model, the GP-9, while adding moving keys, professional audio outputs, and a microphone input for singing along through the onboard speaker system. This makes the GP-9M ideal for performance venues, commercial establishments, and homeowners looking for the ultimate piano entertainment showcase.
- Premier grand piano with an elegant high-gloss finish and finely crafted details
- Designed with Roland’s advanced Piano Reality approach for a refined musical experience
- Piano Reality Concert modeling sound engine provides authentic grand piano sound and response with unlimited polyphony
- Piano Reality Concert keyboard with progressive hammer action, escapement, hybrid wood/molded keys with Ivory Feel, long key pivot length, and unique haptic vibration
- Accelerated key sensing technology for ultra-detailed touch response
- Precision-crafted sustain, soft, and sostenuto pedals with damper modeling and support for traditional techniques
- Piano Reality Concert projection sound system with advanced sonic processing, premium audio components, and eight speakers with a dedicated center channel
- Moving keys for self-playing operation with the GP-9M’s onboard song library, MIDI files stored on USB flash media, and songs downloaded from Roland Cloud via the Roland Piano App
- Stereo XLR outputs for connecting to professional house sound systems in performance venues
- Microphone input for singing along with the piano sound
- Smart touch panel with intuitive icons and switchable backlighting
- Adjust the piano tone with variable lid height and two prop sticks
- Low-maintenance design that never needs tuning
- Integrated casters for easy movement and a traditional look
- Connect a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth® to play along with favourite songs and work with MIDI music apps
- Control GP-9M features, explore lessons, and more with the companion Roland Piano App
- Advanced metronome, recorder, and dual headphones jacks for daily practice
- USB ports for connecting with computers and flash storage devices
The GP-9M embodies signature piano elegance with its flowing curves, solid lines, and striking high-gloss ebony and polished white finishes. Like an acoustic grand, the lid can be opened to different positions to adjust the sound character or closed to create a flat surface when not in use. Smart touch controls in the panel provide intuitive access to essential functions as needed. And when you’re ready to play, you can turn off their backlighting to eliminate distractions and maintain the acoustic aesthetic.
The GP-9M features a moving key function for entertaining at home gatherings and commercial venues like restaurants and hotels. Call up songs from the piano’s extensive onboard library or MIDI files via USB flash media, and then watch and listen as the keys magically play themselves. Roland Cloud also offers a growing library of songs that can be accessed via the Roland Piano App.
Versatile Audio Connectivity
Professional XLR outputs enable you to connect the piano directly to a house audio system in a performance venue or commercial establishment for broader sound coverage and independent control from the onboard speakers. All GP-9M sounds go to the outputs by default, but you can assign the dry piano sound, ambience only, or song playback to suit your needs. There’s a dedicated microphone input as well, allowing a performer to sing through the GP-9M’s sound system without the need for an external preamp or audio mixer.
The GP-9M is built around advanced Roland’s Piano Reality approach, a sophisticated ecosystem of connected technologies comprising the sound engine, keyboard, pedals, audio components, and speakers. Each section is designed to work together flawlessly and transparently, allowing players to experience the purity of this wonderful instrument with unprecedented expression and realism.
Endlessly Inspiring Tone
Piano Reality Concert modeling leverages our latest technologies to recreate every sound-making element of an acoustic piano, putting the living response and complex tonal colors of a concert-class grand under your fingers. Modeled ambience is integrated into the sound engine, allowing you to play in realistic spaces such as an intimate studio, spacious concert hall, or large cathedral. And with unlimited polyphony, notes and resonances ring in full detail to translate every musical emotion.
Authentic Grand Playability
The Piano Reality Concert keyboard provides unbounded expression with progressive hammer action, escapement, hybrid wood/molded key construction with Ivory Feel, and advanced acceleration sensing technology for accurate detection of the subtlest playing nuances. Fine details further elevate the feel, including long key pivot length and haptic vibration that emulates the subtle vibrations from an acoustic piano’s body. High-performance sustain, soft, and sostenuto pedals round out the authentic experience, offering weighted feel, damper modeling, and support for traditional pedal techniques.
A Full-Immersion Sound Experience
The GP-9M features the Piano Reality Concert projection sound system, where multi-channel amplification, premium audio circuitry, and advanced sonic processing come together for the ultimate full-surround piano experience. The cabinet construction, speaker placement, and lid angle have all been carefully tuned to deliver the same bold and immersive sound presentation as a concert grand in a performance hall. And notes naturally move across the immediate sound field as you play, mirroring the physical string positions on an acoustic grand’s soundboard.
Personalize the Sound and Feel
The GP-9M offers several world-class grand piano sounds that are ready to enjoy. But if you’re an experienced player, you can dive into the onboard Piano Designer tools to further refine the tone and response for your personal touch. Adjust the string tuning and temperament, fine-tune keyboard sensitivity and duplex scaling, shape cabinet resonances, and much more. Customized settings can be recalled with a touch, a great feature for different pianists who play the GP-9M in a commercial environment or performance venue.
Easy Integration with Your Wireless World
With onboard Bluetooth, you can use your favourite mobile devices with the GP-9M. Stream songs from your music library through the piano’s speaker system to play along or provide background when relaxing or entertaining. Or use Bluetooth MIDI with music production apps to wirelessly compose using the GP-9M’s responsive weighted keyboard. USB ports are also available for connecting with computers and flash storage devices, providing more ways to explore your creativity and share music performances.
Roland Piano App
The Roland Piano App seamlessly extends the GP-9M experience with remote operation from your smartphone or tablet. Select sounds, control the metronome, and use the recording feature to evaluate your playing and hear where you need to improve. Browse the piano’s onboard songs and selections on Roland Cloud, and then call up digital scores to learn them at your own pace. And motivate yourself with lesson features that include an activity log with goals, flash card games, rhythm exercises, and a One Week Master program that guides you through learning different piano pieces.
Minimal Maintenance, Reduced Weight
Acoustic grand pianos are extremely heavy, difficult to move, and require professional tuning and other regular maintenance to keep them sounding their best. Thanks to their digital sound engines, GP pianos weigh drastically less than their acoustic counterparts. And they’re always perfectly in tune, producing outstanding sound every time you power on.
More Digital Advantages
Volume control is within easy reach, and you can connect headphones to play anytime without disturbing others. The onboard metronome and simple rhythms help develop your sense of timing during daily practice sessions. And with Twin Piano mode, you can split the keyboard into two independent sections and play alongside a family member, friend, or teacher.
Size And Weight
- Width Top opened (with music rest): 1,445 mm / 56-15/16 inches
- Width Top closed (with music rest): 1,440 mm / 56-¾ inches
- Depth Top opened (with music rest): 1,501 mm / 59-1/8 inches
- Depth Top closed (with music rest): 1,501 mm / 59-1/8 inches
- Height Top opened (with music rest): 1,787 mm / 70-3/8 inches
- Height Top closed (with music rest): 999 mm / 39-3/8 inches
- Weight: 188.0 kg / 414 lbs 8 oz
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses using a specialist piano delivery service. This product is exempt from our usual next working day service or timed deliveries. We will contact you to arrange a convenient date and time for delivery. Our standard service covers delivery, building and locating the piano within your home. This service covers delivery to a ground floor location with no steps or obstacles that might require special equipment. If you have any special delivery requirements please let us know as we can arrange for a specialist service although this would be chargeable based on the exact circumstances.
Mainland UK: Free delivery within 30 miles of our Bournemouth premises. Please call for price if you are outside of this area.
UK Non-Mainland: Please call for price
We regret that we do not ship this item outside the UK
Roland Warranty Information: 2 Year as standard but can be extended by registering at Roland.com
1st May 2021. The following changes will bring consistency to all sales territories as currently there are local variances.
New Warranty Policy:
• Minimum “Standard” manufacturer’s warranty will now be 2-years (increase from 1-year standard, down from 3-years extended)
• Additional years will be dependent on a product category:
◦ 5-years Boss Compacts
◦ 10-years for HP/LX/GP/DP/KF Pianos
◦ Lifetime Cable Warranty for specific cables (details will be on the product box)
• The customer no longer needs to register the product, however, a new Roland Account system/campaign will launch later this month
• The new customer accounts will very clearly show what Roland/Boss products the customer owns but also pull through any relevant information or services available to the customer in support of their product(s)
◦ Free Technical Support
◦ Firmware Updates
◦ Tutorial Video
◦ Supported Apps
◦ Owner’s Manuals/References
Please note this information is provided for guidance only as manufacturer warranties may be updated from time to time. For full please visit the manufacturer's website here.
3 years warranty for VIP members