Roland AX-Edge Keytar Synthesizer, Black
- Out of stock
- 49 full-sized keys with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 256 notes of polyphony
- 4 parts + Vocoder with Mic Input
- 79 types of Part multi-effects and Part EQ, 79 types of Program multi-effects, Chorus, Reverb, Master Compressor and Master EQ
- Ribbon Controller, Modulation Bar, and Assignable Control for expressive performance
- Up to 4 hours of battery-powered (Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries only) operation (or AC adaptor)
- Bluetooth MIDI and editor app for wireless sound customisation
Roland's AX-Edge is the ultimate keytar offering specifici sounds and features for the modern player.
Today's audiences crave dynamic performances that stand out. As an artist, you want to connect with your fans and take your moment in the spotlight. The AX-Edge builds on decades of refinement and learning from artists the world over about what makes the ultimate performance synthesizer. The AX-Edge has a sleek, modern design with a customisable look via interchangeable Edge Blades, 49 full-sized keys, and a sound-set crafted specifically for keytarists. And throughout the AX-Edge, you'll find thoughtful design features that give you the freedom and confidence to truly express yourself on stage.
Give Your Stage Presence The Edge
Stage presence is everything, and you work hard to develop your image as a solo performer or band. The AX-Edge is designed to not only look stunning on stage, but also to match your own unique style. This AX-Edge has individual design elements that make it stand out, like the 'none-more-black' keys and removable Edge Blades. The AX-Edge comes with an extra Silver Edge Blade in the box and you can even create your own original designs. Create a look that complements your band's style or swap out Edge Blades to keep things fresh.
From Stage-Ready Classics To Custom Made-Tones
Roland didn't cram generic preset sounds into the AX-Edge, it has a curated sound-set driven by their latest technology. Onboard sounds are optimised for stage performance, to produce sounds that cut through – even in a loud band. Dedicated buttons for favourite sounds give you instant access to edgy leads, big fat basses, and all manner of keyboard sounds perfect for the performing keytarist, whether it's taking a solo or sharing the limelight with your bandmates. If you like to customise your sounds, you can connect to the AX-Edge editor app with Bluetooth MIDI and tweak your sounds wirelessly. Splits and layers let you take full advantage of the expansive, full-sized keyboard, and a wealth of stunning new effects, including a master compressor and EQ give you polished, studio-quality tone in any venue. And thanks to the Tone Remain function, you can switch sounds seamlessly on stage without notes or effect tails being cut off prematurely.
Take Control Of Your Performance – With Both Hands
Unlike keyboardists who perform behind a traditional keyboard rig, keytar players know the thrill of tearing it up right in front of their adoring fans. And when your moment comes, the AX-Edge gives you the hands-on control to nail your performance, giving it subtle nuance or over-the-top intensity. Neck controls, refined over years of development and artist feedback, are highly intuitive and truly take your performance to another level. While your right hand will appreciate the supremely playable keyboard, your left hand will love the modulation bar, pressure sensitive pitch ribbon, and easy-to-reach controls for portamento, hold, octave switch, and program change…an array of assignable controls fully tailored to your performance style.
The Stage-Ready, Performance-Focused Powerhouse
As a gigging keyboard player, a lot can fall on your shoulders. You cover lots of different sounds and parts, often acting as the backbone of a performance and filling in any gaps. With this reality in mind, the AX-Edge has thoughtful performance features that aid you in the heat of battle. An innovative dual display system keeps you in command at all times, while the onboard arpeggiator and song player can handle backing duties while you concentrate on slaying your audience. And the built-in vocoder, which can be layered with internal sounds, is just the thing for unique backing vocals or funky, retro lead parts.
While they may not stand out as much as its striking good looks and killer sound-set, the AX-Edge has several convenient features that greatly expand its usability for today's keytarist. The USB memory function provides full backup capability so you're ready if disaster strikes. It's a capable master controller for rack modules or plugin synths. And the Bluetooth MIDI and nearly four hours of battery life free you from wires so you can throw caution to the wind and leave it all on the stage.
• 49 full-sized keys with velocity and channel aftertouch
• 256 notes of polyphony
• 4 parts + Vocoder with Mic Input
• 320 programs and over 500 preset tones for keytarists
• 79 types of Part multi-effects and Part EQ, 79 types of Program multi-effects, Chorus, Reverb, Master Compressor and Master EQ
• Tone Remain function switches sounds seamlessly without unnatural sound cut off
• Ribbon Controller, Modulation Bar, and Assignable Control for expressive performance
• Up to 4 hours of battery-powered (Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries only) operation (or AC adaptor)
• Bluetooth MIDI and editor app for wireless sound customisation
• Weighs just 9 lbs. 5 oz/4.2 kg (without battery)
• One extra Edge Blade included to complement your AX-Edge model
• Audio file playback via external USB memory
• Master MIDI controller for controlling sound modules, plugins and more
• Dual display system optimised for live performance
• Optional ST-AX2 stand provides stable support when the instrument is not in use
This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD Local who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: from £12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Roland Warranty Information: 1 Year as standard but can be extended by registering at Roland.com
Please note this information is provided for guidance only as manufacturer warranties may be updated from time to time. For full please visit the manufacturer's website here:
3 years warranty for VIP members
Number of keys: