Lexicon PCM92 Digital Effects System
The Lexicon PCM92 utilises the latest DSP technology and the finest collection of classic Lexicon algorithms to offer the ultimate audio processor for live sound and studio applications.
- 28 Lexicon® studio-standard reverbs, delays, and modulation effects
- Comprehensive collection of over 1200 finely crafted factory presets
- Full system configuration and control with HiQnet™ System Architect™
- Two channels balanced analogue I/O (XLR and 1/4 inch)
- Two channels XLR digital AES/EBU I/O
- Read More
Sound Extraordinary on Stage and in the Studio
With 4 decades of experience, Lexicon is regarded as the gold standard in digital audio processing. Building on the legendary design of the venerable PCM81 and PCM91, and the breakthrough technology of the PCM96, the PCM92 represents the most advanced reverb and effects processor in its class.
This powerhouse processor utilises the latest DSP technology and the finest collection of classic Lexicon algorithms to offer the ultimate audio processor for live sound and studio applications. The PCM92 delivers 28 mono and stereo reverbs, delays, and modulation effects, flexible routing configurations, and a comprehensive collection of over 1200 finely-crafted presets, including recognisable classics from our immense library of sounds.
Lexicon PCM92 Reverbs and Effects List
• 28 Lexicon® studio-standard reverbs, delays, and modulation effects
• Comprehensive collection of over 1200 finely crafted factory presets, including recognisable classics from Lexicon's immense library of sounds
• Lexicon's flexible Room algorithm used to generate a vast array of room-related effects for music and film production
• Multi-voice pitch shift to enhance vocals
• Full system configuration and control with HiQnet™ System Architect™
• 44.1 to 96 kHz sample rate, 32-bit floating point processing
• Two channels balanced analogue I/O (XLR and 1/4 inch)
• Two channels XLR digital AES/EBU I/O
• Ethernet connectivity and full MIDI control
• External BNC Word Clock
• Foot controller inputs make it easy to change presets and adjust parameters during live performances
• High-resolution OLED display is easy to read in all light conditions
The PCM92 features the highly acclaimed Hall, Concert Hall and Random Hall reverb algorithms that are consistently used by live sound and recording engineers because of their exceptional ability to reproduce the musical ambience of large, wide, panoramically wonderful spaces. In fact, these classic Lexicon Hall algorithms have been used on more than 80% of all recorded music.
Lexicon's Room algorithm offers an amazing palette of natural sounding rooms with all the inherent realism of the actual space. Reflection patterns are easily selected, scaled, and equalised all while simultaneously passing audio and the room size can be instantly changed or reversed. These capabilities provide a more flexible alternative to convolution type reverbs due to the precise control and manipulation that is only possible with a reverb synthesizer.
One of the stunning advances in the PCM92 is the ability to create incredibly realistic small spaces. For both music and film production, it is often vital to have the ambience of a phone booth or very small drum room. In the PCM92 you can create them with a reality never heard before from any processor other than a Lexicon.
In addition, the PCM92 delivers new capabilities to traditional reverbs by adding multimode filters in the audio flow. This allows more exact shaping of the reverb while still maintaining that distinctive smooth, rich 'Lexicon Sound.' Also, all reverbs have an 'Infinite' switch that allows the reverb to run forever, which is useful for creating unusual backgrounds and sound effects.
Designed as a single rack space processor with two channels of balanced XLR or 1/4 inch analogue I/O and two channels of XLR AES/EBU digital I/O, along with MIDI, Word Clock, and Ethernet, the PCM92 complements any large scale mixing console or integrates easily in your studio.
Whether you require perfection on stage or the gold standard in the recording studio, the PCM92 delivers the versatility and smooth, rich sound that is unmistakably Lexicon.
The PCM92 is as simple to operate as it is a pleasure to listen to. Just load a preset and the easy to use front panel keeps the most logical parameters within reach on the high-resolution display for adjustments and fine tuning. For in-depth sound design, you also have the capability to transition deeper into the algorithm and edit the full matrix of parameters.
To supplement front panel navigation for live applications, the PCM92 can be configured and fully controlled remotely through Harman HiQnet System Architect™ from any PC. System Architect uses the Harman HiQnet protocol to configure and control the PCM92 seamlessly within a larger audio system that may consist of Harman Professional brands such as JBL®, Crown®, dbx® and AKG®.
Also, foot pedal controllers make it easy to change presets and adjust parameters during live performances. The PCM92 can be controlled by either a two button momentary foot switch or a variable position foot pedal.
Routing Options (Analogue, Digital)
The PCM92 can be divided into four virtual machines which allow the signal from each input to be routed through a variety of algorithm combinations.
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
On demo in store No Brand Lexicon Condition New