Live sound specialists QSC have just announced that it is expanding its popular K Family line of powered loudspeakers with 3 new models, as well as a new cardioid subwoofer.
The new QSC K.2 Series is comprised of an 8 inch model (the QSC K8.2), a 10 inch model (the QSC K10.2) and a 12 inch model (the QSC K12.2). These new additions come with an array of feature upgrades such as a 2000-watt power module, DMT™ (Directivity-Matched Transition) ensures smooth coverage across the entire listening area and an advanced on-board DSP.
The new models come with a library of presets to cover common applications such as Stage Monitoring, Dance Music, Musical Instrument Amplification and Hand-held Microphone projection. There’s also the added functionality of having user defined presets with configurable settings such as input type, delay, EQ, cross-over and selected contour via the loudspeakers’ LCD screen and control panel.
There’s a lot of practical flexibility to the new QSC K.2 loudspeakers too, as all three models (the QSC K8.2, the QSC K10.2 and QSC K12.2) can be operated as either main PA or as a floor monitor for the on-stage musicians. Each model can also be flown, wall- or truss-mounted, or placed on a speaker pole, either straight-firing or with 7.5-degree down-tilt utilising the new dual pole cup.
As mentioned above, QSC has recently also launched a new Cardioid Subwoofer, the QSC KS212C, which provides all the benefits of a cardioid subwoofer array in a single, compact enclosure. “Keeping bass in its place” for mobile entertainers, AV production and rental professionals, as well as modestly-sized performance venues. Dual 12-inch long-excursion drivers, each arranged in a 6th order bandpass chamber, are powered by a 3,600 Watt amplifier and controlled by the system’s DSP to produce 15 dB more output at the front of the cabinet than at the rear, ensuring that power is delivered where it is needed.
Like the K.2 Series, the KS212C sub-woofer provides advanced DSP with on-board user-controllable and recallable Scenes and presets via the LCD screen and control panel. Highly portable, the cabinet features comfortable, aluminum handles and four, rear-mounted casters. Two M20 sockets are provided to accept a 35mm speaker pole in either vertical or horizontal deployment of the sub.
Both the new loudspeakers and the cardioid subwoofer come with a global 6-Year Warranty with product registration from QSC and they are available to order now, so get in touch!
- 2000 Watt Class-D amplifier module
- Factory Presets and savable/recallable Scenes for commonly-used applications
- Multi-function digital display for control and selection of loudspeaker functions including cross-over, EQ, delay and frequency contour
- Intrinsic Correction™ tuning and loudspeaker management
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) design provides excellent power response and consistent performance across the listening area
- Rugged ABS enclosure for long life and lasting durability
- Deployment in either main PA or floor monitor position
- Dual pole cup mounts (standard and 7.5 degree down-tilt)
- M10 fittings for flown applications
- Optional security panel prevents unauthorized tampering of controls
Features of the QSC K.2 Series Powered Loudspeakers
QSC K12.2 Active PA Speaker Bundle Including Stands and Cables
Regular Price: £1,522.97
Special Price: £1,477.00