Zoom R8 Multitrack Recorder, Audio Interface, MIDI Controller and Sampler
- 8-track playback, 2-track simultaneous recording
- Records in 16-bit or 24-bit, 48kHz/44.1kHz WAV files
- Two inputs, two outputs (2 x 2) via USB
- Over 140 DSP effects including guitar amp models and mastering effects
- Full mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, Sonar and more
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software
- Includes Cubase LE recording software
It's a Recorder
With the ability to record two tracks simultaneously, the R8 is perfect for capturing audio on-the-go. Record live music performances, rehearsals, songwriting sessions or even audio for film and video. Capture your audio at up to 24-bit/48kHz resolution as WAV files. On each of its side panels, the R8 features a built-in stereo condenser microphone for field recording or quick, convenient 'sketch-pad' ideas. When you're ready, you can use over 140 built-in studio effects to enhance your tracks and the pro-quality mastering effects to ensure that studio sound.
It's an Interface
The R8 is more than a multi-track recorder. When combined with your computer, it becomes a powerful audio interface. Connect the R8 to your computer via USB, launch your favourite DAW or use the included Cubase LE software and start laying down your tracks. Simultaneous 2-in/2-out capability allows you to record up to 24-bit/96kHz high-definition audio. If you use the 44.1kHz sampling rate, the internal DSP effects of the R8 are also available for your computer tracks. A dedicated control lets you adjust the mixing balance between the DAW playback sound and the direct sound for monitoring.
It's a Controller
Computers bring incredible control and power to the recording process, but they're not very intuitive when it comes to mixing. Through a simple USB connection, you can control the transport and mixing functions of major DAWs such as Cubase, Logic, and Sonar from the R8. No more mixing with a mouse! The R8 makes mixing a pleasure.
And it's a Sampler
The R8's sampler function consists of eight voices triggered by eight built-in pads. Samples can also be assigned to each pad to create loops. It also has internal drum loops, which allow you to easily create pro-quality backing and basic tracks.
Powered For Portability
Best of all, the R8 will operate on four standard AA alkaline batteries (not included) for over five hours of continuous use. In addition, the R8 can use up to 32GB SDHC cards for a maximum of 100 track hours. Using SD media for recording not only makes the R8 lighter and more portable, it also ensures increased reliability with no concern for hard drive failure. The R8 can also function under USB bus power or with the included AC adapter.
- This product is on order with our suppliers. Please note that we are experiencing delays from most of our suppliers and cannot guarantee delivery times. Where possible, we recommend that you choose an alternative product that is showing as being in stock. Feel free to contact us for help, thank you.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Brand Zoom Condition New