Yamaha DHR15 15 Inch Active PA Speaker, Single
The Yamaha DHR15 is a 2-way bi-amp powered loudspeaker equipped with a 15-inch woofer and a 1.4-inch HF driver, perfect for use as a main speaker. Combining a 1000W amplifier and high-performance DSP with the same plywood construction found on Yamaha’s high-end DZR Series, the DHR15 offers best-in-class sound quality and durability.
- Featuring a plywood cabinet that delivers a clear sound with minimal vibration
- Plywood enclosure with a polyurea coating for a robust, scratch resistant surface
- Compact size despite the 15-inch LF driver that provides excellent low frequency response
- Dual-angle pole sockets offer both 0° or a -7° down tilt
- Rigging points for use with eye bolts
- Proprietary FIR-X™ tuning, provides FIR filtering and corrective EQ, minimizing phase distortion
Optimized Cabinet Designs
The DHR Series features a comprehensive lineup optimized to meet the demands of specific applications. The 15” DHR15 model 15” features dual-angle pole sockets and rigging points for use in fixed installations or as temporary main speakers for sound reinforcement.
Ultra-Precise DSP Processing
All full range models feature Yamaha’s proprietary FIR-X tuning™ utilizing linear phase FIR* filters for the crossover network. FIR-X tuning™ simultaneously optimizes frequency and phase response while adjusting the time alignment between the HF and LF transducers. This creates a very smooth response around the crossover point, providing much better clarity and imaging than what is possible with typical crossovers.
All signals are precisely processed by a high-performance processor for high definition sound quality. All full-range models employ high-precision 24bit discrete A/D and D/A converters with superior S/N ratio and dynamic range.
Intelligent Dynamic Control
D-CONTOUR is an intelligent multi-band compressor that gives you powerful and consistent sound throughout all output levels. By constantly monitoring the output of multiple frequency bands and calculating the optimum EQ adjustments for each, even the maximum sound output maintains outstanding clarity and musicality. With the DHR Series, D-CONTOUR provides a more detailed tuning of your sound with two different settings: FOH/ MAIN mode or MONITOR mode. FOH/MAIN mode boosts low-frequency to compensate for low-end that is typically missing when speakers are used in suspended applications or mounted on a speaker stand. MONITOR mode is completely optimized for monitor application by intelligently taming down the low-frequency, smoothing out a wide range of frequency bands to give you stunning clarity for monitoring your sound. Both of these presets were perfected by performing countless listening tests with skilled sound engineers, giving you a multi-band compressor that performs dynamically, delivering consistent sound with low distortion at any output level.
Extensive DSP Protection Functions
In a typical system comprising passive loudspeakers, power amps and signal processors, trying to set optimal parameters for each component can be a daunting task. One of the advantages of active loudspeakers is that the combination of transducers and amps can be perfectly optimized. During the development of the DZR, DXR mkII, DHR, DBR and DXS series, Yamaha measured and tested the durability of each transducer and the overall amp output through countless indoor and outdoor listening tests. Based on the test results, they were able to set the optimal limiter point for each model using precise DSP control.
In addition to the optimal limiting, these speakers employ many of the same protection functions used in Yamaha’s top-class PC-D Series professional power amplifiers. A microprocessor and high-power DSP monitor the status of the power supply, power amplifiers, transducers and ongoing signals to protect all aspects of each component. As a result, these speakers can perform to their full potential while ensuring reliable operation in even the most severe conditions.
High-Efficiency 1000W Class-D Amplifiers
The DHR’s lightweight, high performance Class-D amplifier is capable of producing up to 700W of power, achieving an SPL of 131 dB (DHR15), delivered with remarkable clarity and dynamic characteristics.
Easy-to-use Onboard 2-Channel Mixer
DHR Series speakers have two input channels. CH1 has a combo jack which accepts both XLR and TRS Phone allowing for either Mic or Line level input signals. CH2 offers two input options; a combo jack that accepts XLR or TRS Phone, and a pair of RCA pin Jacks for input from CD players or other stereo line-level sources.
The onboard mixer allows you to select either CH1+2 MIX to mix the signal of CH1 and CH2, or CH1 THRU to pass the signal from CH1 only.
Yamaha DHR15 Specifications
- Speaker type: 2-way, Bi-amped Powered Speaker, Bass-reflex
- Frequency range (-10dB): 44 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage area: H90ﾟ x V60ﾟ(Rotatable)
- Crossover: 1.8 kHz: FIR-X tuning™ (linear phase FIR filter)
- Maximum Output Level (Measured peak, IEC [email protected]): 131 dB SPL
- LF: Diameter: 15" cone, Voice Coil: 2.5", Magnet: Ferrite
- HF: Diaphragm: 1.4", Type: 1" throat coaxial compression driver, Magnet: Ferrite
- Amplifier class: Class-D
- Power rating Dynamic: 1000 W (LF: 800 W, HF: 200 W)
- Power rating Continuous: 465 W (LF: 400 W, HF: 65 W)
- Cooling: Fan cooling, 4 speeds
- Power consumption: 74 W (1/8power), 18 W (Idle)
- A/D D/A Converters: 24 bit 48 kHz Sampling
- Processors: HPF: OFF, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 24 dB/Oct.; D-CONTOUR: FOH/MAIN, MONITOR, OFF
- I/O connectors: INPUT1: Combo x1, INPUT2: Combo x 1 + RCA pin x 2 (Unbalanced), OUTPUT: XLR3-32 x 1 (CH1 Parallel Through or CH1+CH2 Mix)
- Cabinet material: Plywood
- Finish: Durable Polyurea Painting, Black
- Handle: Top x1
- Pole socket: Φ35 mm x1 (Bottom)
- Rigging: Top x 2, Rear x 1 (Fit for M10 x 30 - 50 mm Eyebolts)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 432 x 692 x 405 / 17 x 27.2 x 15.9"
- Weight: 24 kg (52.9 lbs)
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD Local who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: from £12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Yamaha Warranty Information: 2 Years but can vary by product range. Please see full details at yamaha.com
Please note this information is provided for guidance only as manufacturer warranties may be updated from time to time. For full please visit the manufacturer's website here:
3 years warranty for VIP members