Warm Audio WA76 Discrete Compressor, Stereo Pair
The classic '76 sound of the Revision D compressor in an affordable unit.
- True '76 performance
- Discrete signal path
- All-buttons-in mode
- Ultra fast attack
- CineMag USA Transformers
The WA76 Discrete Compressor is a modern reproduction of the Classic '76 Revision D. The WA76 has a fully discrete signal path and uses the original Reichenbach Engineering's (now CineMag) transformer design. The classic '76 was a major breakthrough in limiter technology, and used on hundreds of hit records since its inception. Engineers have craved the ultra-fast attack time and trademark sound of the '76 for decades, and now it is finally affordable!
- Read More
Discrete Compressor - Made Affordable
Warm Audio's goal was to make a compressor of this pedigree affordable for the first time, without compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of compressor so desirable.
Premium Components In Every Warm Audio Product
Warm Audio have faithfully reproduced the circuitry of the revision D, generally considered one of the best and most popular among the different versions made over the years. They've used all discrete, through-hole components, high quality CineMag input and output transformers, and a class A circuit that stays true to the legacy design.
All Buttons In
The WA76 can reproduce the classic effect known as 'All Buttons In' mode, sometimes also referred to as 'British Mode' or the 'Four Button Trick'. Originally an accident due to the mechanical nature of the interconnected latching switches, this mode is reproduced by pushing in all four ratio buttons simultaneously and getting them to latch. This can take a bit of practice. The resulting compression curve is aggressive and unmistakably unique, and can be heard on the drum tracks of many classic recordings. All-buttons-in compression is typically characterised by having a very aggressive compression ratio, attack and release curves that are more drastic plateaux opposed to gentler slopes, and more audible distortion or 'overdrive' on the signal. Initial transients are more likely to come through loudly, followed by heavy compression curve sometimes described as having a 'sucking' effect as the compressor releases. Because this mode is considered a design accident, faithfully maintained, it is normal for the meter function to 'peg out' and cease providing accurate metering.
Warm Audio WA76 Specifications
- Utilises premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- True to the Classic '76 compressor in design and performance.
- Completely discrete signal path.
- Modelled after the D revision.
- Supports the famous 'all buttons in' ratio setting.
- Ultra fast attack time.
- Class A line level output amplifier.
- Input impedance - 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating).
- Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz.
- XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs.
- 50db of gain.
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting.
- Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm.
- EIN -104.1 dbm.
- Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds.
- Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second.
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output.
- Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer.
- 19-inch Rackmount chassis, 2U.
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout) International orders over £250 are delivered FREE except for large or heavy items. Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
On demo in store No Brand Warm Audio Condition New
|This product has no reviews yet.|