Warm Audio WA-47JR Vintage FET Microphone
The Warm Audio WA-47jr is an FET transformerless version of the highly renowned classic '47 microphone that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years.
- Transformerless '47-style studio condensor microphone
- True custom large diaphragm '47-style capsule
- Fully discrete signal path
- 3 Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Figure-of-eight, and Omni-directional
- Includes: Shockmount, hardmount, zipper storage pouch
- Read More
The WA-47jr is fully discrete, has 3 polar patterns and is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications. The WA-47jr sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The WA-47jr proudly utilises a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage design. Warm Audio's version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeat-ability that allows the most important sonic piece of the classic mic to be heard and influence the tone and signature of the WA-47jr. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path, when paired with this excellent true '47 style capsule, allows it to obtain a very similar tone to the classic '47 microphone, but at a much lower price tag. The WA-47jr utilises the same k47 style capsule found in Warm Audio's flagship WA-47 tube condenser microphone.
The WA-47jr circuit uses high quality Toshiba FET's, Wima film capacitors and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors. The circuit is modernised and more simple than the classic '47 tube microphone, but the components and circuitry are top-notch, and have a sound quality and tone that punches far above anything we've ever heard in this price range.
Warm Audio WA-47jr Specifications
• FET transformerless '47 style condenser microphone.
• Custom made true '47 (k47-style) 34mm capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v).
• Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns mylar.
• Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FET's, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors.
• Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Figure-of-eight, and Omni-directional.
• High-pass filter: 70Hz
• Pad: -10db
• Self-noise: 9dBA
• Dynamic range: 138dBA
• Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB)
Frequency Range: 20 Hz-20 kHz
• Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa or -40dB
• Output Impedance: 100 ohms
• Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
• Maximum output: 16dBu @1kHz, 1kOhms, 0.5% THD
• S/N Ratio: 85dBA (IEC651)
• Equivalent Noise: 9dBA (IEC651)
• Dynamic Range: 138dBA (IEC651)
• 48v phantom powered
• 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
• Includes: Shockmount, hardmount, zipper storage pouch
• Nickel Plated
• Weight: 1.1 lbs
• Diameter: 52mm
• Length: 210mm
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Brand Warm Audio Condition New