Vox JamVox Jam and Practice Tool for Guitar (ex-display)
Your heroes. Your guitar. Plug in to your favourite band!
Announcing JamVOX, an integrated monitor and software system that extracts the guitar from any MP3 and plugs you into the mix of their favourite bands.
JamVOX gives guitarists instant access to dozens of legendary amps and effects all in one easy to use 'drag and drop' software interface. Revolutionary Guitar XTracktion (GXT) technology lets you remove the guitar part of your favourite song with the push of a button. Best of all, you can then take the lead yourself with instant rock star tone! Alternatively, you can extract or isolate the guitar part, slow down the tempo, and practice any style of music without changing the pitch.
- Read More
JamVOX includes authentic software models, or recreations, of 19 famous guitar amps and 54 vintage and modern effects, so you'll be able to perfectly reproduce the sounds of your favourite guitarists. It also comes with a dedicated full-range USB monitor speaker, so there's no need for complex wiring or any specialised knowledge of computer music. A two-CD 28-song bundle of guitar play-along tracks of famous songs, courtesy of Hal Leonard Corporation, is also included.
• Revolutionary new GXT (Guitar XTracktion) function lets you cancel or extract the guitar part of an existing song.
• 19 famous guitar amps and 54 effect units ranging from vintage to modern are provided as software.
• Easy-to-use 'drag and drop' interface enables guitarists to create their 'dream guitar rig' without any advanced knowledge of amps or effects. Sound famous fast!
• A music player feature with convenient functions for jam sessions or practice.
• Import music files to jam along with from your favourite CDs, music library or MP3 player.
• A dedicated USB monitor speaker is included, and there's no need for complex wiring or specialised knowledge of computer music.
• Two guitar play-along CDs containing 28 famous rock classics.
JamVOX – an integrated monitor and software system that extracts the guitar from any MP3 and plugs you into the mix of their favorite bands. JamVOX fulfills the dream of any guitarist who has ever wanted to 'take the lead' and play along with his favorite guitar heroes or band. JamVOX is the result of a collaboration between VOX Amplification guitar amplification and modeling engineers and a team of KORG electronic musical instrument and PC software developers. Simple three-step operation allows anyone to play the guitar in their favorite song by their favorite band.
Step 1) Connect the dedicated USB monitor speaker to your computer and plug in your guitar: the JamVOX software will start up automatically.
Step 2) In the music player, select the song you wish to play.
Step 3) Set your favorite tone and play your guitar while listening to the song play back. Press the GXT button on screen and take the lead! You can press the Record button to record your guitar performance along with the song.
JamVOX will transform your room into the legendary stage or recording studio you've dreamed of. Numerous famous guitar amps and effects that perfectly simulate the sound of your guitar heroes – all in software The JamVOX software provides 19 types of amp model that range from classic vintage amps such as the AC30, rare boutique amps, and modern high-gain amps. These amp models use Virtual Valve Reactor technology that perfectly simulates every aspect of the original guitar amplifiers, right down to the response of the power amp circuit, differences in class A or B operation, type of vacuum tube, and negative feedback circuit. There are also 12 cabinet models to go with the amp models. Even the speakers and cabinet construction of the original units have been painstakingly modeled, perfectly replicating their distinctive spatial and tonal character.
A full complement of effect processors is also included in the JamVOX Software. From a wide assortment of distortion-type effects, standard effects such as wah and compressor, and more unusual effects such as ring modulator and acoustic simulator, there is a total of 18 pedal-type effect units. There are also 12 modulation-type effects such as chorus, flanger, tremolo, filter, and rotary: 11 delay-type effects including some that model analogue circuitry such as tape echoes, multi-head delays, and BBD as well as reverse: 12 reverb effects covering all types: giving you a total of 54 different high-quality effect units including noise reduction. By dragging and dropping them, you can freely connect up to six effects in any desired order: two pedal-type effects, one modulation, one delay, one reverb, and noise reduction. Of course there are also over 100 Guitar programs that include the sounds of famous songs and guitarists and get players started with great tone right out of the box.
A music player with many great features for jam sessions and practice, including the revolutionary new GXT (Guitar XTracktion) function The music player of the JamVOX Software features KORG's newly developed GXT (Guitar XTracktion) technology that allows a guitar part of an existing song to be cancelled or extracted --- a capability that will change the way guitarists of all levels and styles practice, play and jam. This technology is not a conventional vocal canceller which counteracts the center sounds by the reversed-phase signals. This conventional method turns the sound mono and also makes it impossible to extract the desired sound. GXT technology uses a completely different method in which the sound is analyzed by 'stereotactic position' and 'frequency band' spatially, and an adjustable filter is used to create the cancellation effect. This means that the song can be kept its stereo image and the desired sound can also be extracted. Using this, you can replace the guitarist in your favorite band and play the guitar part yourself! You can also record your performance along with the original song simply by pressing the Record button.
The music player provides many other great functions. You can loop the playback, use the Tempo Change function to slow down the playback speed without affecting the pitch, and you can even use these functions while using GXT to extract the guitar part, making it much easier to learn rapid phrases by ear, or to practice difficult phrases. The Pitch Change function lets you change the pitch without affecting the tempo of the song, allowing you to correct slight discrepancies in pitch between your guitar and the song, or to play along with songs that use a dropped tuning. There's also an Auto Change function that automatically switches the guitar sound or GXT setting between different portions of the song, such as between backing and solo sections. The music player also contains 100 drum patterns that are a great to practice with or to create riffs. You can also layer your guitar or vocal performances onto these patterns.
JamVOX-Online is a place where JamVOX users can share programs for unlimited expansion JamVOX-Online is where you'll find plenty of Guitar programs and GXT programs for the greatest rock songs, and JamVOX users worldwide are adding more every day. In your JamVOX software, simply press the Search button to immediately find the best Guitar program or GXT program for the song you want. Don't miss out --- register as a JamVOX user so that you can upload and share programs for your own favorite songs and guitarists.
High-quality JamVOX Monitor that you simply connect to your computer and plug-in your guitar The JamVOX Monitor is a powered monitor speaker with a built-in USB audio interface. There's no need for complicated connections or technical knowledge of computer music. Simply connect a single USB cable to your computer, and you can start playing your guitar right away. The cabinet contains two 3-inch full-range speakers, and while delivering plenty of power and high-quality sound, is a compact size that will be right at home on your desktop. There's also a mic input, so you can record your own vocal or enjoy a session together with a vocalist. Making the system even more versatile, the monitor also functions as a USB audio interface that is compatible with ASIO/CoreAudio software, and can also be used as a monitor speaker for your computer.
A lineup of guitar legends on the 28-song two-CD bundled collection of guitar play-along tracks JamVOX comes with two guitar karaoke CDs recorded by the Hal Leonard Corporation. These CDs contain a total of 28 classic songs from various eras familiar to every guitarist. Now you can jam along to with your guitar heroes!
JamVOX Software Amp/effect functionality
• 19 amp models ranging from vintage to modern: Virtual Valve Reactor even reproduces the operation of vacuum tube power amps VOX AC15, VOX AC15TB, VOX AC30, VOX AC30TB, UK BLUES, UK 68P, UK '80S, UK '90S, UK MODERN, BLACK 2x12, TWEED 1x12, TWEED 4x10, BOUTIQUE CL, BOUTIQUE OD, US MODERN, US HIGAIN, UK MODERN2, BOUTIQUE METAL, MODDED OD
•12 cabinet models that meticulously simulate the speaker response and cabinet design VOX AC15, VOX AC30, VOX AD412, VOX AD120VTX, UK H30 4x12, UK T75 4x12, BLACK 2x10, BLACK 2x12, TWEED 1x8, TWEED 1x12, TWEED 4x10, US V30 4x12
• 54 high-quality effect models: 18 pedal-type, 12 modulation-type, 11 delay-type, 12 reverb, noise reduction.
PEDAL: TUBE OD, SUPER OD, ORANGE DIST, METAL DIST, FAT DIST, FUZZ, OCTAFUZZ, TREBLE BOOST, BOUTIQUE, VOLUME, VOX WAH, AUTO WAH, COMP, ACOUSTIC, OCTAVE, BLK/ORG PHASE, U-VIBE, RING MODULATOR
MODULATION: CLASSIC CHORUS, MULTI TAP CHORUS, STEREO CHORUS, BI CHORUS, CLASSIC FLANGER, DUO PHASE, FILTRON, PITCH SHIFTER, TEXTREM, ROTARY, MOD DELAY, TALK MOD
DELAY: STEREO DELAY, CROSS DELAY, 2 TAP DELAY, RHYTHM DELAY, HOLD DELAY, REVERSE DELAY, MOD DELAY, SWEEP DELAY, ANALOG DELAY, MULTI HEAD, ECHO PLUS
REVERB: SLAP, GATE, SPRING, BOUNCE, PLATE, GARAGE, CHAMBER, CANYON, ROOM, STUDIO, HALL, ARENA
• Drag and drop six effect units to freely specify their routing
• More than 100 Guitar programs that include the guitar sounds of famous songs and guitarists
• Pickup modeling function lets you produce the sounds of different pickups than those actually on the connected guitar
• Audition function lets you hear the sound of each program without having to play your guitar
• Use the convenient Compare function and Snapshot function when editing your guitar sounds
• Auto Chromatic Tuner by KORG, with excellent visibility
• Use an optional expression pedal and foot switch to control the effects with your foot
Music Player functionality
• MP3 / AAC / WMA (Windows only) / WAV / AIFF format audio playback ... Songs protected by DRM (Digital Rights Managements) cannot be played back.
• AAC (Mac only) / WMA (Windows only) / WAV / AIFF format audio recording
• Import your iTunes library
• Revolutionary GXT (Guitar XTracktion) function cancels or extracts the guitar part of an existing song
• Tempo Change function lets you change the playback speed without affecting the pitch of the song
• Pitch Change function lets you change the playback pitch without affecting the tempo of the song
• Auto Change function allows you to automatically switch guitar sounds or GXT settings at the desired point during the song playback
• Loop Play function repeatedly plays the specified region of one song
• Loudness function adds a 'live' feel to the song playback
• Use the dedicated website JamVOX-Online to find, audition, and download the Guitar programs or GXT programs that are best for a song: you can also upload your own settings for others to use
• 100 drum patterns are convenient for practicing or creating riffs
• Metronome function is indispensible for serious practice
• Powered monitor speaker with built-in 2-in/2-out USB audio interface
• Two 3-inch full-range speakers deliver powerful and high-quality sound: rated power output is 0.75W+0.75W
• USB bus powered design does not require an external power supply to be connected: 500mA current consumption
• Proprietary low-latency design eliminates delay from when you play your guitar until you hear the sound
• Mic input allows you to record vocals or enjoy sessions with a vocalist
• Also usable as a USB audio interface that supports ASIO/CoreAudio compatible software, and as a speaker for your computer
• Front and rear panels
• Guitar Input (1/4 phone jack, Mono)
• Mic Input (XLR jack, Mono)
• Mic Input Level Control
• Output Level Control
• Phones Output (1/4 phone jack, Stereo)
• Monitor Level Control
• Power indicator LED
• Line Input L / R (1/4 phone jacks)
• Line Output L / R (1/4 phone jacks)
• Foot Switch Jack (1/4 phone jack)
• Expression Pedal Jack (1/4 phone jack)
• USB Port (Connector TYPE B)
• Dimensions (W x D x H): 240 mm x 160 mm x 122.5 mm (not including protrusions)
• Weight: 2.4 kg
• Hal Leonard CDs - Comes with 28 guitar karaoke tracks that every guitarist knows (recorded by Hal Leonard Corporation, USA).
• Included Items: USB cable, Installation CD (contains JamVOX Software, Drivers, and Owner's manual), two audio CDs (Hal Leonard play-along tracks for guitar), Installation/setup guide
• Options: VOX Foot Switch VFS-2, KORG Expression Pedal EXP2
• CPU: Apple PowerPC G4 1.5GHz or faster, or Intel CPU
• RAM: 1GB or larger
• Display: 1,024 x 768 - 32,000 colours or higher
• OS: Mac OS X 10.4 or later
• CPU: Intel Pentium4 2.0GHz or faster
• RAM: 1GB or larger
• Display: 1,024 x 768 – 16 bit colours or higher
• OS: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1(32-bit) or later
*Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice for improvement.
Please note, that due to the fact this product contains software we cannot accept return of this product unless it is unopened.
- Sorry - this product is not available to purchase
Brand Vox Condition Ex-display Specifications
JamVOX Software Amp/effect functionality