Vox AC4TV8 All Valve 4 Watt Guitar Amplifier with 8inch Speaker (ex-display)
All Tube VOX tone to go
Way back in 1961, VOX rolled out the first AC4 amplifier. Nearly fifty years later, VOX is pleased to announce the AC4TV8 – the compact, all-tube practice amp. Not simply a re-issue, AC4TV8 is an up-to-date rethinking of the tube circuit that matches today's needs.
• Compact all-tube amp provides real vacuum tube amp sound enjoyment
• Output Power Attenuator provides full gain distortion – even at low listening levels
• Robust sounding 8-inch speaker developed in cooperation with the Celestion, the trusted name in speakers
• Distinctive 'TV front' design based on a motif from the VOX AC15 amplifier from the 1950s
- Read More
Bringing the AC4TV up to date
The VOX AC4 appeared in 1961 as a 4-watt all-tube amp, and in spite of its compact body, its true VOX tone earned it a favourable reputation. The AC4TV8 uses the classic combination of a 12AX7 tube in the modified preamp and an EL84 tube in the power amp. The power amp is driven with a Class A circuit to deliver a wide variety of tones ranging from that clean British sound to the distinctive VOX overdrive that everyone loves.
Three level power attenuation
In the past, the only way to achieve meaningful distortion from an amp with a single volume control was to raise the volume. The AC4TV8 provides three levels of power attenuation, 4W, 1W, and 1/10 W. Even at the minimum setting of 1/10 W, the AC4TV8 can provide that great tube distortion. This means that you can enjoy your favourite tone even when playing or recording in your own room or late at night.
Speaker developed in cooperation with the Celestion corporation
The rich-sounding 8-inch speaker was developed in cooperation with the Celestion Corporation. A 16-ohm speaker output jack is also provided, so you can connect the AC4TV8 to a large speaker cabinet such as the VOX V412BN to perform using an even more powerful sound.
Retro 'TV Front' styling
The AC4TV8 features the 'TV front' vintage look, as used on the first AC15. This amp, which appeared in 1958 is one of the traditional VOX amp designs, and was most recently used on the AC15H1TV from the 2007 Heritage Collection. It's a stylized retro look that's also an ideal complement to today's modern decor.
• Controls: TONE, VOLUME, OP LEVEL (4W, 1W, 1/10 W)
• Input/output jacks: INPUT, External Speaker jack
• Output: 4W RMS 16-ohm - Speaker: 1x 8 inch 16-ohm Celestion VX8 custom speaker
• Valve/tube complement: 1 x 12AX7 (pre) / 1 x EL84 (power)
• Dimensions: 11.81 inch/300mm (W) x 12.68 inch/322mm (H) x 7.64 inch/194mm (D)
• Weight: 15.65 lbs/7.1Kg
Sorry - this product is not available to purchase