Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Custom
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Custom offers the rich analogue sound of UAD Powered Plug-Ins over Thunderbolt with an additional 3 UAD plug-ins of your choice.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection on new Macs
- 8 SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Custom software bundle lets users 'pick any 3' additional UAD plug-in titles within 45 days of registration
- Includes 'Analog Classics Plus' plug-in bundle, featuring the UA 610-B Preamp and EQ and Legacy
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interface
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Read More
Please note that a Thunderbolt Cable is not included with this product.
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Custom combines UA's most powerful DSP accelerator with a Custom software bundle that lets you choose any three UAD plug-in titles at registration.* This sleek desktop unit is compatible with all Thunderbolt-based Macs, and can supercharge Apollo interfaces and other UAD-2 DSP Accelerator systems to run larger mixes filled with rich analogue emulation plug-ins.
In creating UAD plug-ins, Universal Audio's DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to give you all the warmth of classic analogue equipment. The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Custom includes four SHARC processors, and its Thunderbolt 2 technology offers reduced plug-in latency compared to Firewire 800.
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Custom comes with UA's 'Analog Classics Plus' plug-in bundle, and lets you select any three additional UAD plug-in titles from a world-renowned library that includes Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately).
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Minimum System Requirements
Apple Mac with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or 10.9 Mavericks
Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in DAW software
4 gigabytes available disk space
Please note: Thunderbolt cable NOT included.