Universal Audio Apollo X8 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface with DSP
Universal Audio's Apollo x8 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface offers elite audio conversion with four unison mic preamps, new HEXA core processing and surround sound monitoring.
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion
- Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Record through 4 Unison-enabled mic/line preamps - giving you fully authentic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and more
- Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format
- Includes 'Realtime Analog Classics Plus' UAD plug-in bundle
- UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
- Dual Crystal clocking for a low-jitter environment, resulting in pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging
- Read More
Apollo x8 allows music producers, project, and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, Dual Crystal Clocking, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring — all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC.
Built upon UA's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 18 x 24 interface distinguishes itself with four Unison™-enabled mic preamps, providing authentic emulations of preamps from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, SSL and more, plus all-new HEXA Core processing — yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time.
In addition to its elite-class audio conversion, Apollo x8 features selectable operating level for compatibility with professional +24 dBu gear, as well as an integrated monitor controller and built-in talkback mic.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of chart-topping songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are no strangers to tracking stellar-sounding records. To improve on the previous generation Apollo interface's class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters — ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analogue circuitry for an ultra-pristine signal path.
The Apollo X series also introduces new Dual-Crystal clocking — featuring dedicated crystal oscillators for 44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz and 48/96/192 kHz sample rates — resulting in stunningly low jitter, measured at less than 10 picoseconds. This translates into pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging you can trust.
With 129 dB dynamic range and -119 dB TD+N, Apollo x8's open, natural sound quality rivals any dedicated high-end converter on the market — regardless of price — and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo x8 features new HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you're tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analogue sound that UAD plug-ins provide.
Unison™ Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, API, & Manley Preamps
Perfect for musicians, engineers, producers, and sound designers, Apollo x8 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and Universal Audio. A Universal Audio exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage 'sweet spots', and the component-level circuit behaviours of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard Realtime UAD processing.
A Full Suite of Classic Analogue Processing Onboard
Of course, a hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency. Apollo x8 includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, so you can record and mix with the world's only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and guitar and bass amps from Marshall and Ampeg.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Going beyond the included Realtime analogue Classics Plus plug-ins, Apollo x8 lets you tap into the full UAD Powered Plug-In library of name-brand vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines, channel strips, and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software's buffer size and without taxing your computer's CPU.
With exclusive emulations from SSL, Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,* it's like having a studio full of iconic analogue gear, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these award-winning DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Surround Sound Monitoring and +24 dBu Operation
With comprehensive surround monitoring support for formats up to 7.1, Apollo x8 is a boon for engineers and producers working on audio and music for video games, television, and the web. In addition, Apollo x8 offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Build a Networked Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo x8 offers 18 x 24 simultaneous inputs/outputs (8 x 14 analogue I/O) and two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports, which are backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs via adapter (sold separately). This allows users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin or Apollo rackmount audio interfaces to easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your studio grows.
Apollo x8 Key Features:
• 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz conversion
• Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
• Record through 4 Unison-enabled mic/line preamps — giving you fully authentic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and more
• Dual Crystal clocking for a low-jitter environment, resulting in pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging
• Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format
• Includes 'Realtime Analog Classics Plus' UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp, Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic, and more
• UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
• Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices, backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via optional adapter
• Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
• Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
• Uncompromising UA analogue design, superior components, and premium build quality
• Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ (Unison)
Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp (Unison)
Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp (Unison)
UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
Raw Distortion (Unison)
Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeller
- This product is on order with our suppliers
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Brand Universal Audio Condition New