Universal Audio Apollo X16 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface with DSP
Universal Audio's Apollo x16 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface offers elite audio conversion, new HEXA core processing and surround sound monitoring.
- 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion
- Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format
- Includes 'Realtime Analog Classics Plus' UAD plug-in bundle
- UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices: backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via optional adapter
- Dual Crystal clocking for a low-jitter environment, resulting in pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging
- Read More
The flagship Apollo x16 allows music producers, project, and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, Dual Crystal Clocking, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring — all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC.
Built upon UA's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 18 x 20 interface boasts the widest dynamic range (133 dB) and lowest THD+N (-129 dB), of any integrated audio interface on the market. Plus, with all-new HEXA Core processing, you'll get 50% more DSP for running acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time.
In addition to its elite-class audio conversion, Apollo x16 features selectable operating level for compatibility with professional +24 dBu gear, as well as an integrated monitor controller and built-in talkback mic.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of chart-topping songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are no strangers to tracking stellar-sounding records. To improve on the previous generation Apollo interface's class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters — ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analogue circuitry for an ultra-pristine signal path.
The Apollo X series also introduces new Dual-Crystal clocking — featuring dedicated crystal oscillators for 44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz and 48/96/192 kHz sample rates — resulting in stunningly low jitter, measured at less than 10 picoseconds. This translates into pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging you can trust.
With 133 dB dynamic range and THD+N of -129 dB, the Apollo x16's open, natural sound quality bests every interface in its class — regardless of price — and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo x16 features new HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you're tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analogue sound that UAD plug-ins provide.
A Full Suite of Classic Analogue Processing Onboard
Of course, a hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency. Apollo x16 includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, so you can record and mix with the world's only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and many more.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Going beyond the included Realtime analogue Classics Plus plug-ins, Apollo x16 lets you tap into the full UAD Powered Plug-In library of name-brand vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines, channel strips, and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software's buffer size and without taxing your computer's CPU.
With exclusive emulations from SSL, Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more, it's like having a studio full of iconic analogue gear, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these award-winning DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Surround Sound Monitoring and +24 dBu Operation
With comprehensive surround monitoring support for formats up to 7.1, Apollo x16 is a boon for engineers and producers working on audio and music for video games, television, and the web. In addition, Apollo x16 offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Build a Networked Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo x16 offers 18 x 20 simultaneous inputs/outputs (16 x 18 analogue I/O) and two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports, which are backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs via adapter (sold separately). This allows users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin or Apollo rackmount audio interfaces to easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your studio grows.
Apollo x16 Key Features
• 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz conversion
• HEXA Core Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
• Dual Crystal clocking for a low-jitter environment, resulting in pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging
• Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format
• Includes 'Realtime Analog Classics Plus' UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp, Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic and more
• UAD-2 HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
• Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices, backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via optional adapter
• Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
• Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
• Uncompromising UA analogue design, superior components, and premium build quality
• Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
Precision Enhancer Hz
Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
- This product is in stock and ready to ship
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Brand Universal Audio Condition New