Universal Audio Apollo Twin X QUAD Thunderbolt 3 Interface with DSP
- Record and mix with elite-class A/D and D/A conversion with the widest dynamic range and lowest noise of any desktop interface
- Two Unison-enabled preamps: Track with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Helios, Neve, API, Manley, and more
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Onboard UAD QUAD Core processing lets you track and mix with UAD plug-ins like the included Teletronix LA‑2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and 610‑B Tube Preamp and EQ
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD-2 devices over Thunderbolt, adding DSP and I/O as your studio grows
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Apollo Twin X includes the 'Realtime Analog Classics' UAD plug-in bundle
Apollo Twin X delivers elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, two Unison-enabled preamps, and DUO or QUAD Core realtime UAD plug-in processing — all in a sleek desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows.
Built upon Universal Audio's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo Twin X confidently outperforms everything in its class, with 127 dB D/A dynamic range and an included bundle of acclaimed UAD analogue emulation plug-ins, giving you a fully-stocked analogue studio, right on your desktop.
Two Unison Preamps: Get the Sound of Neve, Helios, API, Manley & More
Apollo Twin X features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, Helios, API, Manley, UA and many more. Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage 'sweet spots', and the component-level circuit behaviours of the original hardware.
Based on Unison's proprietary hardware-software integration, Apollo Twin X lets you record at near-zero latency through emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, for authentic analogue sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin X's front-panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo Twin interfaces are used to create exceptional-sounding records every day. To improve upon the previous generation, UA engineers redesigned the Apollo Twin X's audio conversion to deliver a striking 127 dB dynamic range and -117 dB THD+N, giving it a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters costing much more.
Realtime UAD Processing — a Studio Full of Analog Sounds
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin X reveals a stunning range of classic analogue tones and colour via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with a choice of either UAD-2 QUAD Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin X lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — at near-zero latency — including authentic titles from Neve, Studer, Helios, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, Capitol Studios, and more.
Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin X includes the 'Realtime Analog Classics' suite of UAD plug-ins — the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, Pultec EQs, and more — so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard.
Additional Connections & Built-in Talkback Mic
With its two Unison-equipped preamps, two line outs, and optical ADAT/SPDIF input — plus dedicated monitor remote controls and a built-in Talkback mic — the 10 x 6 Apollo Twin X gives you the I/O you need for professional tracks and mixes.
Professional Performance and Scalability
Users of Apollo Twin X can combine up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo X rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin X as a desktop monitor control with additional I/O and DSP power.
● Desktop 10 x 6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
● Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
● 2 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
● UAD-2 QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
● Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
● Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
● Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
● Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
● Includes the 'Realtime Analog Classics' UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
● Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
● Uncompromising analogue design, superior components, and premium build quality
● Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Apollo Twin X includes the 'Realtime Analog Classics' UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle:
UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
Marshall® Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
- This product is in stock and ready to ship
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Brand Universal Audio Condition New