Universal Audio 4-710d Quad mic preamp with digital output
The Universal Audio 4-710d is a boutique quality, four-channel microphone/line preamplifier with unique tube and solid-state tone blending capabilities — perfect for a wide range of microphone and instrument sources. This versatile multi-channel preamp offers selectable 1176-style compression circuitry on each channel, plus four additional line inputs feeding eight channels of pristine analog-to-digital conversion.
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity™ microphone/line preamps
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Eight channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion at up to 192 kHz
- 75 Ohm BNC work clock I/O
- Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
- Read More
At the core of the 4-710d are four channels of tone-blending 'Twin-Finity' mic preamps with true-bypass 1176-style compression, including specially tuned 'fast' and 'slow' settings. Each of the four mic preamp channels allows for continuously variable phase-aligned tone, between a 100% tube and 100% solid-state signal path. Send and return jacks are available for external processing or signal access.
The eight analogue inputs are digitised via ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters at selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz. Digital output is available via dual ADAT 'lightpipe' or AES/EBU DB-25 connectors, facilitating integration with most popular audio interfaces.