Tascam DR-05 Portable Stereo Recorder (ex-display)
TASCAM's DR-05 brings high-quality stereo recording to an easy-to-use portable powerhouse with a size and price that anyone can handle. The DR-05 records in MP3 or WAV format – including 96kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio – to microSD or microSDHC media. A pair of all-new microphones handles up to 125dB SPL with the sensitivity to capture every detail. With new recording features like Peak Reduction and Quick Menu, the DR-05 puts album-quality recording in the palm of your hand.
- Built-in Stereo Condenser Omnidirectional Microphones
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
- USB 2.0 port for transfer to Mac or PC and external power
- Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
- Peak Reduction function, optimised for music recording, automatically sets the gain of while recording
- Automatic or manual level setting
- Variable speed playback (50%-150%) without changing the pitch
- Read More
Everything about the DR-05 is designed to get the best quality recordings of your music. A new pair of built-in microphones withstands up to 125dB SPL – the volume of a jet plane from 200 feet away – yet still have the sensitivity to capture every detail of a performance. You can add your own microphone or line-level source through the 1/8 inch stereo input, including plug-in power for microphones that need it.
Internally, the DR-05's digital and analogue circuit boards are built separately to increase noise performance, with a low-impedance design to further decrease hiss. A separate power supply is sent to the A/D and D/A converter for even better audio performance. The result is clean sound quality – over 92dB signal to noise ratio, under 0.05% total harmonic distortion and 20Hz to 40kHz response (-1/+3dB) at 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
Simple to Operate
The layout of the DR-05 has been revamped to be quick and easy to work with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding markers are just a button press away. Dig deeper to find features like limiting, low cut filtering, a built-in chromatic tuner and more.
One new feature that makes the DR-05 easy to operate is the new Peak Reduction feature. This setting automatically sets your recording level by listening to the input and adjusting for the best level. Unlike Auto Gain settings, this one only goes down to prevent accidental distortion after a period of low level like a break. Peak Recording works in rehearsal mode or in record, so if the performance is louder than the soundcheck you're still safe. Used with the built-in limiter, it's unlikely you'll distort your career-making live recording.
Other classic TASCAM features are included like Variable Speed Audition to loop and slow down music without changing the pitch – perfect for transcribing or learning new music. A Level Align function can be switched on for playback, to smooth out any sudden volume jumps, and a built-in speaker is also provided. The two AA batteries are enough to power the recorder for 17 1/2 hours, even while recording at CD quality.
Tascam DR-05 Additional Features
• Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
• Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
• Self timer recording starts recording 5 or 10 sec. after pressing the record button for waiting until you are ready
• Auto and manual track increment
• Loop and repeat playback
• Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
• Playback EQ setting
• Editing function (Divide and delete)
• Up to 99 mark points on each file
• Chromatic tuner
• 1/8 inch stereo mic/line input
• Jump back function returns to previous point with one action (1-10, 20, 30 sec)
• 1/8 inch headphone/line output
• Built-in speaker
• microSD (64MB – 2GB)/microSDHC (4GB – 32GB) card slot (2GB card included)
• Powered by 2 AA batteries, AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus power
• Tripod socket hole
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 2 3/8 x 5 9/16 x 1 inches / 61 x 141 x 26 mm
• Weight: 4 1/16 oz / 0.116 Kg
- Sorry - this product is not available to purchase
Brand Tascam Condition Ex-display