Tannoy Reveal 601A Active Studio Monitor (Single) (Ex-Display)
The original Tannoy Reveal Active near field monitor has become an iconic fixture in recording studios across the world since its arrival in the mid-nineties, widely recognised as the product that defined the category and has been the active monitor of choice for thousands of amateur and professional recording, creative composition and postproduction facilities worldwide. Building upon this world-class reputation, the all new Tannoy Reveal Active series represents the latest evolution of Tannoy's high resolution active reference monitor technology.
- Read More
Whether you're looking to equip your studio with an industry standard reference monitor without the excessive price tag, or you need an active monitor with a small footprint, the Reveal 601a offers the perfect solution. Built to the same superior standard as the rest of the new Reveal range, the Reveal 601a packs performance, accuracy and value into a compact enclosure. Priced competitively with the serious home or project studio setup in mind, the all new Reveal 601a delivers a wide bandwidth performance that will impress even the most seasoned pro.
Ahead of the Curve
The sculpted curved edges of the new Reveal's front baffle help to eliminate unwanted diffraction caused when sound dispersed from the sides of the cabinet is scattered back into the near field causing interference and phase distortion. By carefully smoothing off these edges, this unwanted diffraction is significantly reduced, delivering critical improvements to frequency response and crystal clear imaging, even when off-axis.
Optimised Tweeter Design
In the pursuit of achieving a wide and even nearfield monitoring 'sweet spot', delivering accurate and highly controlled high frequencies is critical. The new Reveals feature a brand new tweeter design comprising of soft dome HF driver coupled to an elliptical waveguide that has been optimised to provide very controlled high frequency directivity and minimise diffraction, providing a wide and consistent listening field.
Most studio monitors feature bass ports on the rear of their cabinet. This type of design leads to an inherent problem called bass-coupling whereby low frequencies are amplified when the monitors are located close to room boundaries, leading to coloured and inaccurate mix results. The new Reveals feature front-firing reflex bass ports however, to allow for ideal positioning even within small or confined studio spaces, while still providing defined bass performance.
Reveal 601a Features
• Integrated 90W total power amp unit
• 6.5in (130mm) LF/MF driver and 1in (30mm) soft dome tweeter delivering wide frequency response of 60Hz – 30kHz
• Sculpted and rigid front baffle design to minimise diffraction
• Response has been optimised for quarter space near-field operation
• Front firing reflex bass port to negate boundary-coupling
• Bass unit development using to minimise offsets and linearise the suspension components.
• Wideband tweeter design extending the amplitude response beyond 20kHz audibility to 30kHz to improve the phase response from within the audible band.
• LED indicator shows power status
• + 1.5 / 0 / -1.5dB HF trim switch for custom room adjustment
• Rear mounted volume control for convenient Home Studio and PC/MAC laptop/desktop use.
• Balanced XLR and unbalanced jack connectors
- Sorry - this product is not available to purchase
4 Recommended Accessories
Brand Tannoy Condition Ex-display