Synthogy Ivory II Upright Pianos
The Award-winning features and technology that have made Ivory II the choice of industry professionals and reviewers all over the world comes to Ivory II Upright Pianos.
- 4 hand selected Upright Pianos
- Includes the Award-winning Ivory II piano engine
- More than 84 GB Core Library
- Up to 16 Velocity Layers
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for True Sympathetic String Resonance
- Custom Upright Soundboard Emulation DSP
- Read More
This classic collection of 4 Vertical Pianos now enjoys the full benefits of the powerful new Ivory II piano DSP engine, with Harmonic Resonance Modeling for true Sympathetic String Vibration. With each of the 4 Upright Pianos boasting more velocity layers, pedal noise enhancements, half-pedaling, and more, Ivory II Upright Pianos offers a more intimate and authentic playing and listening experience than ever before.
In addition to the new Ivory II features, the heart of this collection are the 4 superb Upright Pianos. Each piano was carefully chosen and the classic instruments selected after an exhaustive search among hundreds of vintage uprights. Each of these authentic pianos is brimming with character and recorded with Synthogy's renowned and meticulous attention to detail to capture the unique personalities of these instruments.
Synthogy Ivory II Upright Pianos Features
• Pedal Noise Enhancements
• Synthogy's exclusive, powerful 32 bit Sample Playback and DSP engine, designed specifically for recreating the acoustic piano.
• Release samples triggered by velocity and duration
• Timbre-shifting, Parametric EQ and new Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
• All 88 keys individually sampled in up to 16 dynamic levels
• Incorporates exclusive Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions
• World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ
• Customizable User Controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position and more
• Tuning Tables
• Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations
• Dozens of new programs and effects presets
Ivory II Upright Pianos includes the following instruments:
A brand new Yamaha ® U5 upright
Yamaha uprights are widely regarded as the best uprights built today. The model U5 is the top of their upright line. Expertly tuned and regulated, it is a great piano for a modern pop, rock or jazz recording. Many musicians and producers love the way this upright sits in a mix and adds personality to the music.
1914 A.M. Hume upright
A big, American-made upright from the 'golden age' of piano building, Hume pianos are highly regarded by knowledgeable piano technicians for their excellent build quality and resonant sound. This particular instrument was chosen for its tremendous tone and its all- original parts, which were carefully maintained over the years. This classic vintage American upright is perfect for blues, rock, vintage jazz or roots music and yet versatile enough for virtually any style of music. Outstanding as a solo instrument or in the mix.
Honky Tonk, Barroom Upright
1915 Packard upright
Another big, old American upright with all original parts, though this instrument has enjoyed a more 'colourful' life than the Hume. This particular piano comes by its barroom sound authentically, having been the house piano at the famous Cheers bar in Boston for many years. Custom detuned in the genuine 'honky tonk' style, this beauty has loads of smoky, scotch-and-soda character.
A genuine, early 1900's, upright with real tacks in the hammers. Like the Barroom Upright, this piano is the real deal, not a synthetic emulation. Custom prepared for this recording session with metal tacks inserted into the hammer felts, and 'not perfectly' tuned, this instrument is a turn of the century classic. The Tack Piano is an authentic sound that continues to be used in everything from traditional period and roots music, to classic pop and modern experimental rock.
Ivory II Upright Pianos comes complete with the award-winning Ivory II piano engine, with all of the same great features included. There are also additional features such as custom upright soundboard DSP, and a selectable 'creaks and clunks' layer, to provide an even more authentic upright playing experience.
Ivory II Upright Pianos is a full fledged, free standing Virtual Instrument, which can run as a plug-in or standalone. Or, if you are an existing Ivory II user, Ivory II Upright Pianos will install directly into your existing Ivory II library, giving you access to all of Ivory II's pianos and features from one great interface
Computer System Requirements
• 2.0 GHz Dual Core PowerPC G5 or 1.8 GHz Intel Core Duo or equivalent CPU
• 1.5 GB RAM
• 15 GB free hard drive space
• Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM
• DVD ROM drive for installation
• 2.5 GHz Dual Core PowerPC G5 or 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
• 2 GB RAM
• 84 GB free hard drive space
• Any AU, RTAS, or VST 2.0 plug-in host, or the included Ivory Standalone application.
• Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), or 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
• Any RTAS or VST 2.0 plug-in host, or the included Ivory Cantabile application.
• Windows XP SP2 (32 bit), Windows Vista (32 or 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)