Synthogy Ivory II Italian Grand Upgrade (from Italian Grand)
Ivory II Italian Grand combines the extraordinary Italian 10 Foot Concert Grand Piano with Synthogy's groundbreaking new Ivory II piano engine. A remarkable instrument. An unforgettable playing experience.
- Over 28 Gigabytes of world-class samples featuring a Premium 10 foot, Italian made Concert Grand
- Up to 18 discrete velocity layers with Sample Interpolation Technology for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for the most realistic Sympathetic String Resonance possible
- Synthogy's exclusive, powerful 32 bit Sample Playback and DSP engine, engineered specifically for recreating the acoustic piano
- Sustain Resonance DSP for realistic Damper Pedal response
- Read More
This is the upgrade version for owners of the original release of Italian Grand.
Ivory II Italian Grand is the second product in Synthogy's newest generation of virtual piano technology. Featuring a greatly expanded sound set of the extraordinary 10 foot Concert Grand Piano, and fully integrated with the powerful new Ivory II piano DSP engine with Harmonic Resonance Modeling for true Sympathetic String Vibration, Ivory II Italian Grand shines like never before.
This exceptional piano is one of the world's greatest and most sought after Concert instruments. Handcrafted in Italy, it is also one of the world's most expensive and exclusive Concert Grands, renowned for its expressive dynamics and full-bodied character. Its tone is remarkably versatile, equally at home in large scale classical works, intimate jazz playing, as well as a full range of pop styles. The beauty of this instrument is captured in greater detail than ever, with up to 18 velocity levels, additional soft pedal and release samples and pedal noise enhancements. Synthogy's decades of expertise in piano development, along with proprietary 'timbre interpolation' technology combine to deliver the unrivaled playability and expressiveness that Ivory is famous for.
Ivory II Italian Grand also comes to life in a whole new way thanks to the groundbreaking features in the new Ivory II piano engine. Principal among them is Sympathetic String Resonance, a long sought after but elusive characteristic of real pianos that Synthogy approaches in a completely new and unique way. Realizing the true complexities and subtleties of sympathetic string excitation, Harmonic Resonance Modeling is a brand new technology that does not rely upon triggering additional samples, ordinary sine waves, or recordings in any way. Rather, notes struck that are harmonically related excite the actual complex overtones of the notes that are being held, in the same manner that undamped strings ring in a real acoustic piano. The result is an unprecedented new level of realism.
The full compliment of Ivory II's new features is also present, such as Half Pedaling, Lid Position, Pedal Noise, and Tuning Tables to provide even greater detail and control. Additionally, features such as Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ, and new Synth Layer controls offer powerful new sound sculpting capabilities for custom piano programming and sound design. Years in the making, every effort has been taken to assure that Ivory II Italian Grand is a true and worthy successor to the legacy established by our original Ivory products.
• Customizable User controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position, Tuning Tables, and more
• Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ and new Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
• Expertly tuned and regulated pianos in world-class studios and concert halls
• All 88 keys individually sampled in up to 18 dynamic levels
• Incorporates exclusive Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultra- smooth velocity and note transitions
• Real Release samples, Soft Pedal samples, and Pedal Noise enhancements
• Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations
• Dozens of user-adjustable presets
Ivory II's 'unified interface' feature enables you to use just a single instance, and one interface, to play and control all of Ivory's pianos, no matter how many pianos you install. So whether you own one, any two, or all three products, Ivory II's intelligent browsing feature allows you to load any piano from one convenient interface.
• 2.0 GHz Dual Core PowerPC G5 or 1.8 GHz Intel Core Duo or equivalent CPU
• 1.5 GB RAM
• 28 GB free hard drive space
• Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM
• DVD ROM drive for installation
• 2.5 GHz Dual Core PowerPC G5 or 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
• 2 GB RAM
• 28 GB free hard drive space
• Any AU, RTAS, or VST 2.0 plug-in host, or the included Ivory Standalone application.
• Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), or 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
• Any RTAS or VST 2.0 plug-in host, or the included Ivory Cantabile application.
• Windows XP SP2 (32 bit), Windows Vista (32 or 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)