Sontronics DM-1S Condenser Microphone for Snare Drums
Representing more than two years of research, design and development by Sontronics' founder and mic designer Trevor Coley, the DM-1S drum condenser mic is a breakthrough in drum miking.
- Small-diaphragm, pencil condenser mic for snare drum
- With -15dB pad switch
- Comes with metal drum mount and mic clip
- Covered by Sontronics Lifetime Warranty
- Read More
This small-diaphragm, mini pencil-style condenser microphone has been designed to exactly capture the various characteristics of a snare drum, from the stick attack and rattle of the snare to the natural resonance of the drumskin. It includes a -15dB pad switch and comes with a metal drum mount and mic clip.
All the new Sontronics drum mics have been tested to destruction before launch by various musicians, producers and engineers including Flood (U2, Killers, Arctic Monkeys, etc), so you can be sure it won't let you down.
The DM-1S is ideal for kit snare or orchestral snare, both live and in the studio.
It is supplied with its drum mount and clip, and like all Sontronics mics and cables, the DM-1S is covered by Sontronics' Lifetime Warranty and comes with a free download of Toontrack's EZdrummer Lite.
Sontronics DM-1S Specifications
• Frequency response: 30Hz to 15kHz
• Polar pattern: Cardioid
• Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz): 135dB (with pad)
• Power source: Phantom power 48V ±4V
• Connector: Three-pin XLR
• Supplied with: Metal drum mount & mic clip, Lifetime Warranty, free Toontrack EZ Drummer Lite software
• Ideal for: Live & studio use on kit snare and orchestral snare