Solid State Logic (SSL) XRack XR627 VHD Mic Pre Module
SSL's unique VHD system is a 100% analogue circuit that adds a variable blend of 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion to your signal. At relatively low input gain settings 'VHD' preamps deliver ultra-clean recordings. Increase the input gain and adjust the VHD control and the user can inject his source recordings with anything from '50s valve-style overdrive through to hard-edged '70s transistor-style grit or any blend of the two.
The VHD Input Module combines five key elements: a high bandwidth mic amp stage that can handle mic, instrument or line inputs, SSL's innovative Variable Harmonic Drive circuit, an additional line input/ trim control section, a set of High and Low Pass Filters and the classic Listen Mic Compressor.
SSL XLogic X•Rack VHD Input Module Features
• Electronically balanced ultra•high bandwidth Mic input with +20dB to +70dB gain control
• Hi-Z and Pad Switches on Mic Amp Input
• Dedicated Additional XLR Line Input
• Variable Harmonic Drive circuit adds a controllable blend of 2nd or 3rd order Harmonic distortion
• Dedicated Trim control after the VHD stage
• Classic Listen Mic Compressor with fixed attack and release curves, ideal for drums
• High- and Low-Pass Filters