Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines Plug-In (Serial Download)
Get the classic, rich sound of an analogue tape machine in your DAW with Slate Digital's Virtual Tape Machines.
- Most advanced, dynamic, true-to-life analogue tape emulation ever achieved
- VTM is a dynamic, interactive, living, breathing replication of tape recording. No static modelling.
- Mac/Windows VST, VST3, RTAS, AU, AAX ProTools 11
- 16 track 2 inch machine and 1/2 inch mastering deck
- Two tape formulations, two tape speeds
- Calibration, bass alignment, wow and flutter, constant gain I/O, grouping, noise reduction
- Read More
Digital recording is now the standard for professional music production. But many engineers and musicians long for the days of analogue recording, and for good reason: the great sound of an analogue tape machine. Big, fat, warm, deep, rich and exciting are just some of the terms used to describe what recording onto a piece of magnetic tape sounds like. To those that know, tape is simply more musical.
To capture the sound of tape is to capture a living, breathing sound that dynamically reacts to the music going on to it. Slate Digital Chief Technology Officer Fabrice Gabriel utilised his electrical engineering degree as a foundation for a comprehensive study of the physical processes that occur when recording to analogue tape through a tape machine. What began with science led to Fabrice's discovery of the seemingly magical properties of tape, and inspired him to create his most advanced and dynamic algorithms yet. Two industry-standard machines were precisely modelled, after which followed a year of critical listening and algorithm tweaking, with some help from the expert ears of Slate Digital CEO, Steven Slate.
Quad Core i5 Processor or better
4GB RAM Recommended
Mac OS X 10.9 or later
Intel Mac 32bit and 64bit: AAX, VST2, VST3, and AU
Quad Core i5 Processor or AMD Processor
4GB RAM Recommended
Windows 7 (32/64 Bit) or later
Windows 32bit and 64bit: AAX, VST2, and VST3