Shure KSM8 Dualdyne Handheld Dynamic Vocal Microphone, Nickel
The Shure KSM8 Dualdyne Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone is the first-ever dual-diaphragm dynamic handheld microphone specially suited for high-end vocal reproduction and sound-reinforcement control.
- Patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive)
- Accurate frequency response due to controlled proximity effect
- The Dualdyne cartridge re-images the Shure Pumping Pneumatic Shock Mount design with specific resistances and precisely machined components
- Patent Pending Diaphragm Stabilisation System (DSS) Technology protects and stabilizes the active diaphragm
- Cutting-edge cartridge manufacturing methods utilise ultra-sonic and internal laser welding to provide best-in-class mechanical reliability
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design
- Aluminium handle with brushed nickel finish
- Read More
KSM8 redefines dynamic microphone technology for leading performers and engineers. It virtually eliminates proximity effect and provides unmatched vocal accuracy with minimal EQ and processing and has been designed for use in large, complex sound systems. Providing absolute vocal clarity, KSM8 is suited for production studios, live performance venues and broadcast productions.
Characteristics Of The KSM8
KSM8 has an extremely wide sweet spot, due to the design of the Dualdyne element and its ability to control proximity effect. Additionally, the neutral mid/high frequency response means that there is little external processing required, resulting in consistent, natural-sounding audio, regardless of the artist's mic technique and placement.
How Is Unidyne III Different Than Dualdyne?
The Unidyne III cartridge features a single diaphragm with a pneumatic shock mount. The advanced technology of the Dualdyne cartridge originates in the second diaphragm which has been added. Besides the active diaphragm, a second passive diaphragm has been implemented, which is part of the cartridge's acoustic network that provides an unattained mastery of proximity effect.
Shure KSM8 Specifications
Transducer Type: Dynamic
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 16 kHz
Sensitivity (1 kHz): -51,5 dBV/Pa / 1,85 mV/Pa
Weight: 300 g