Roland Aira TB-3 Touch Bassline Synth
- Out of stock
- Meticulously crafted using a pristine unit, original spec sheets and archival data
- ACB technology models each component and every aspect of the original TB-303 sound
- Elements that characterise TB-303, such as attack, slide, and tie have been fully reproduced, including how they interact with each other
- Authentic filter behaviour with smooth response and authentic sound
- 134 captivating sounds including effects-processed waveforms
- USB Audio/MIDI connection
Based on the wildly influential TB-303, the Roland TB-3 Touch Bassline is a performance-ready bass synth with meticulously authentic sound and intuitive controls engineered to play.
Nobody could have anticipated what would happen to the world of dance music when Roland's now-legendary TB-303 was embraced by inventive musicians on both sides of the Atlantic. Since the 1980s, the TB-303 has been a staple of electronic music. It is the defining sound of Acid House and has since been the marquis instrument on an array of groundbreaking electronic dance tracks. It's not only been used to write songs, but it has songs written about it. In fact, the release of the TB-303 has been heralded as one the key events in the history of dance music. Not bad for a little silver box.
Launched in 1981, the TB-303 continues to be an indispensable bass synth for dance music. Roland have meticulously analysed the circuitry of the TB-303 piece-by-piece and down to the individual circuit behaviour.
Using Analogue Circuit Behaviour technology they have fully reproduced both the saw-tooth and square wave oscillators as well as the -18dB/octave ladder low pass filter used in the original TB-303, capturing that unmistakable cutoff and resonance character.
In addition to the faithful reproductions of classic TB tones, the TB-3 is packed with 134 sounds that live and breathe. Bubbling synth basses, hard distortion basses, trippy delay sounds and drippy effects. They're all here - and then some.
A TB bass line not only sounds unique, but it has its own trademark feel as well. The TB pulses. It drives. It bubbles and it percolates. That's why Roland have worked so hard to faithfully reproduce the Accent, Slide, and Step Sequencer behaviour of the original unit.
But their vision went beyond simple reproduction. The truth is, the step entry on the original TB-303 was difficult to use, the keyboard was difficult to play, and special manoeuvres were required for the shuffle functions. So Roland experimented with a variety of prototypes in their quest to create the optimal TB interface.
The new TB-3 is equipped with a brightly lit, green and red, pressure sensitive touch pad that lets you seamlessly create patterns and interact with the unit during performance. In addition to pitch and volume, you can tweak filters and even control modulation by simply pressing down on the pad with your finger. It also makes the keyboard a breeze to play.
• Envelope modulation and decay can be controlled with a single finger
• Switch patterns, transpose, and chain patterns with finger gestures
• Internally partitioned at keyboard intervals so it's easy and natural to play in realtime
• XY PLAY (X: Continuous pitch change, Y: Volume, Press down on pad: Modulation)
The TB-3's evolved Step Sequencer is a snap to use and allows seamless switching between pattern creation and performance. Of course, an attractive aspect of the original TB-303 was how it would sometimes generate unintended sounds as the user manoeuvred through its complex and cryptic pattern creation operation. In order to inject that element of chance and discovery, the TB-3 has automatic pattern generation and random pattern modification.
The TB-3's Scatter function features slicing, reverse, gating and other effects, instantly creating variations, stutters, and glitches that would normally require painstaking editing in a DAW. Complex, per-step functions are triggered easily with the Touch Pad and a single finger. Keep things fresh and interesting with 8 different types of Scatter variations and 10 levels of Scatter Depth – all controllable in realtime and in perfect sync.
A Few More Things
You can connect the TB-3 to your computer via its USB jack for USB bus power and to send and receive Audio and MIDI data. The TB-3 can receive MIDI clock information to sync with external devices including other AIRA series units. The TB-3 is designed to work seamlessly and look great with other products in the AIRA series.
Roland Aira TB-3 Specifications
Maximum Polyphony: 1 voice
Parts: 1 part
Effects Multi-Effects: 2 systems, 10 types (COMP, RING MOD, BIT CRASHER, TREMORO, CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, DELAY, PITCH SHIFT, REVERB)
Distortion: 25 types
Preset Patches: 200
Sequencer User Patterns: 64
Maximum Step: 32 Steps (each pattern)
Scatter Presets: 8
Controllers: Touchpad, Cutoff knob, Resonance knob, Accent knob, Effect knob
Display: 7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
Connectors: 1/4 inch stereo headphones, 1/4 inch TRS L/MONO, R. USB Port
Power Supply: AC adaptor (Included), or obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
Dimensions (W x D x H): 240 x 173 x 57 mm / 9-1/2 x 6-13/16 x 2-1/4 inches
Weight (excluding AC adaptor): 820 g / 1 lb 13 oz
This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: from £12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Roland Warranty Information: 2 Year as standard but can be extended by registering at Roland.com
1st May 2021. The following changes will bring consistency to all sales territories as currently there are local variances.
New Warranty Policy:
• Minimum “Standard” manufacturer’s warranty will now be 2-years (increase from 1-year standard, down from 3-years extended)
• Additional years will be dependent on a product category:
◦ 5-years Boss Compacts
◦ 10-years for HP/LX/GP/DP/KF Pianos
◦ Lifetime Cable Warranty for specific cables (details will be on the product box)
• The customer no longer needs to register the product, however, a new Roland Account system/campaign will launch later this month
• The new customer accounts will very clearly show what Roland/Boss products the customer owns but also pull through any relevant information or services available to the customer in support of their product(s)
◦ Free Technical Support
◦ Firmware Updates
◦ Tutorial Video
◦ Supported Apps
◦ Owner’s Manuals/References
Please note this information is provided for guidance only as manufacturer warranties may be updated from time to time. For full please visit the manufacturer's website here:
3 years warranty for VIP members
No. of Outputs: