Rode Blimp V2 - Windshield System for Shotgun Microphones
The RØDE Blimp is a complete windshield and shock mounting accessory for the NTG1, NTG2, NTG3, NTG4 and NTG4+ microphones, as well as any third party shotgun microphone up to 325mm in length.
- Greatly reduces handling and wind noise
- Accommodates most shotgun microphones 325mm in length and 19-22mm diameter
- Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard with internal spacing guide
- Lightweight skeleton handle with 3/8-inch thread mount
- Mogami cable with Neutrik and Switchcraft XLR connectors
- Dead Wombat windshield included
- 10 year warranty (no registration required)
- Read More
Now featuring the Rycote Lyre suspension system, the Blimp provides the ultimate in microphone suspension and isolation. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
The Blimp's handle has also been completely redesigned, reducing the product weight significantly, while increasing the ergonomics for handheld use.
Housed inside the grip is a heavy-duty Mogami cable which splits via a junction box to a highly-flexible thin cable inside the Blimp, to minimise the transference of vibration to the microphone.
With the lightweight design of the handle and suspension system the new Blimp design is over 25% lighter (550gm without microphone or DeadWombat fitted).
The Blimp attaches to any standard boompole via 3/8-inch thread attachment at the base. The Universal Blimp Mount is available as an option to remove the handle when the Blimp is being used primarily on a boompole to reduce weight.
The Dead Wombat windshield, caring brush and tail/patch cable are included.