Rob Papen Predator virtual synth
- Virtual synthesizer
- Phat-sounding killer synth designed by Rob Papen
- Features include preset morphing and intelligent preset variation
Rob Papen's Predator is a 'phat sounding' killer synthesizer that combines inspiring presets and first-class features to make this your 'go-to' synth for contemporary music production.
The user interface has been designed so that almost all controls are visible on screen, making it fun and incredibly easy-to-use. And if you're unsure about a particular synth function, simply right click your mouse to access the help screen.
Predator is packed with powerful features such as Preset Morphing, Intelligent Preset Variation, MIDI and Synth Controllable FX, Unison Detune, Chord Memory and an extremely versatile Arpeggiator.
Included preset banks: HipHop (NY, Club, DirtySouth and Gfunk) banks. Jump, hardcore, breakbeat, various trance styles, DnB banks and more...
Last but not least …Predator also includes PredatorFX, allowing you to use the incredible filters, modulations, effects and vocoder as an FX plug-in within your music host.
Predator 1.5 is out now with even more presets (included Junkie XL presets) and new features like a great Bank manager!
• VST2.4, AU and RTAS plug-in synthesizer for PC and Mac
• 3 Oscillators with 128 waves included Analogue, Additive and Spectral type of waveforms plus pink & white noise generators.
• Oscillator waveform Symmetry control for each oscillator.
• Free running option for each oscillator and Oscillator Syncing of oscillator 2 or 3 to oscillator 1.
• Extended semitone range going from -48 semitones up to +48 semitones.
• Separate octave control and fine-tuning.
• Keyboard tracking on/off for each oscillator.
• Each Oscillator offers Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) using an independent LFO for each oscillator with individual speed
and amount controls.
- FM and Ring modulation modes for Oscillator 2 and 3.
- Each oscillator has a PWM square wave Sub-oscillator.
- Spread function for detuned multiple oscillator sound within one Oscillator.
- Volume control for each oscillator and output on/off for Oscillator 1 and 2.
Overall Pitch modulation section:
• Tempo sync-able global Pitch LFO. You can set the amount and also which wave is used for this LFO.
• Pitch bend with separate settings for up and down pitch-bends.
• Main filter is an analogue modelled stereo Multimode Filter, offering 6dB LowPass and HighPass, 12dB, 18dB and 24dB LowPass and HighPass, 12dB and 24dB BandPass, 12dB and 24dB Notch, Comb and Vocal Filter
• Pre-filtering distortion with smooth or edgy mode option.
• Easy Filter control by pre-defined Cutoff Frequency modulation controllers: Envelope, Velocity, Key-tracking, LFO and Modulation Wheel.
• Built-in Filter Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Fade and Release.
• Build in Filter LFO with various waveforms, modulation amount control and tempo sync option with speed settings between 16/1 and 1/32t.
• LFO Poly, free or mono mode options.
• Additional Filter with cutoff control offering 6dB, 12dB and 24dB LowPass or HighPass setting.
• Built-in Amp/Volume Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Fade and Release.
• Volume control. Velocity> Volume amount.
• Panning control.
Free modulation section
• 2 Envelopes with Attack, Decay Sustain, Fade and Release.
• Option to control the Envelopes times using 'velocity' or 'key played'.
• Modulation Amount Envelope 1&2 and amount control for Envelope 1.
• 65 modulation destinations.
• 2 LFO's with various waveforms.
• Tempo sync option with speed settings between 16/1 and 1/32t.
• Poly, free or mono mode options.
• Modulation Amount LFO 1&2 and amount control for LFO 1.
• 65 modulation destinations.
• 8 free modulation routings.
• 40 modulation sources.
• 65 modulation destinations.
• Secondary modulation source & control.
Play modes section:
• Poly/Mono/Mono2/Legato/Arp/Unison2/Unison4/Unsion6 synthesizer play modes.
• Portamento featuring constant rate/constant time or held(legato) constant rate/constant time.
• Unison detune amount, if Predator is in Unison2, Unison4 or Unsion6 mode.
• 8 note Chord memory, saved within the preset, including syncalbe strum timing.
• Demo C3 button to preview sounds.
• 16 step arpeggiator, which can be used as a step sequencer or as modulation source.
• Arpeggiator patterns can be 1-16 steps long.
• Speed setting of 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1, 3/2, 2, 3 and 4x BPM.
• Up, down, up/down, down/up, random, ordered, reverse ordered, ordered up/down, ordered down/up, chord and modulation mode.
• 1-4 octaves settings.
• Overall step length.
• Swing amount. Slide amount for sliding steps.
• Velocity control knob which mixes between keyboard (midi) velocity input and the steps velocity settings.
• Each step has on/off, Tie, Slide, Tune, Velocity and Free row.
• Tie modes normal and special which allows Slide, Tune, Velocity and Free settings inside a step if that step is set to Tie. Toggle modes 1 and 2 which toggle between normal and special.
• Arpeggiator Latch which can be controlled by the midi sustain pedal.
• You can load, save, copy, paste and reset arpeggiator patterns, so you can reuse them in different presets.
• Right mouse menu in the arp screen brings up an arp menu which allows you to copy, paste, clear, move, reverse, randomize and turn off / on controls, for both selected steps or all steps.
• Adjustable Analogness setting to simulate the instability of vintage analogue synthesizers.
• Global Tuning.
• Attack Shape. This changes the curvature of Predator's envelopes attack stage. From exponential to linear to logarithmic.
• Decay/Release Shape. This Changes the curvature of Predator's envelopes decay and release stages. From exponential to linear to logarithmic.
• Velocity Shape. Changes Predator's velocity curvature. From exponential to linear to logarithmic.
• Over-sampling mode: Sets the over-sampling from 1x / 2x / 4x / 8x / 16x / 32x
• Over-sampling filter on/off: optional post-over-sampling lowpass filter.
• Strum timing for use with chord mode, with timing in ms or tempo synced.
• Audio input selector >FX or >Filter (PredatorFX only).
• Audio input gain control (PredatorFX only).
• Synth Amp Hold on/off. Turn off the PredatorFX's Amp envelope and so the sound plays without changing volume. (PredatorFX only).
• All advance settings are saved within each individual preset.
• External controller hardware (fader-box or synth) settings can be saved and restored.
• 16-voice polyphony.
• Parameter read-out field at lower right corner. Help function for most controls.
• HQ effects blocks in serial mode.
• Available effects: Mono Delay, Stereo Delay, Comb, Reverb, Chorus, Chorus/Delay, Flanger, Phaser, Wah/Delay, Distortion, Low Fi, Amp Simulator with 5 models, Waveshaper, Stereo Widener, Autopan, Gator, Vocoder, FX multi-filter, 5 Band Equalizer, Compressor, Ensemble, Cabinet Simulator, Multi-distortion and AutoWah.
• Midi tempo based settings in most effects.
• 2 FX modulation sources for connecting midi or synth controls to FX parameters.
• Uses sound banks composed of 128 presets.
• Preset handling with copy, paste, clear and compare function.
• All settings included the Advance panel settings are stored inside each preset.
• Presets are stored in clear categories.
• Four 'Preset variation' buttons with amount control of the variation.
• Preset morphing with amount control to morph between two presets within the selected bank.
• Preset / Bank Manager screen, with powerful find preset capabilities.
- Read More
We recommend that you check the manufacturers website to check compatibility of this product with your particular system as software cannot be refunded if unsealed. You can also contact our sales team for information.
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
Mainland UK: £3.50 within mainland UK ( Orders over £99 are delivered FREE )
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). International orders over £250 are delivered FREE.
Order this item before 4pm and receive it on the next working day, mainland UK only*
stock message Delivered within 5 - 7 working days Brand Rob Papen Condition New
Other products to consider
|This product has no reviews yet.|