Rob Papen Blade Additive Virtual Synth
Blade from Rob Papen continues his tradition of creating virtual instruments that break the mould. With Blade, Rob presents additive synthesis in a new way, making it as intuitive as more traditional forms of sound creation without removing the unique tone this system offers.
- 16 voices, operating in poly , mono 1/2 , legato 1/2 and arp modes
- Harmolator Oscillator with 9 controls, harmolator wave settings, two types of spread functions and extended sub-oscillator
- 21 Distortion Units operating per voice (ahead of filter)
- 14 Filter Types including 6/12/18/24 low/high pass, 12/24 band pass / notch, vocal and comb filter
- XP Pad with 12 amount controls for each X and Y, which can modulate the 9 Harmolator parameters, Filter Cutoff, Filter Q and Volume
- 2 FX units with 27 effects, including distortion, reverb and tape delay plus many more
- Mac and PC compatible
- Read More
At the heart of BLADE, ready to twist and transform your musical mind, lies the Harmolator. An additive synthesis system, which rather than using the system of changing additive partials, uses global controls which capture the essence of additive synth in an intuitive way making the creation of sounds much easier than using other additive synths.
The nine Harmolator controls allow you to create a vast range of sounds so you get all the amazing sounds that additive synthesis can generate with the added simplicity of traditional subtractive synthesis.
The Harmolator allows oscillator spreading, fattening the sound and also square / sine wave sub-oscillator. What's more, the sound can be modified further by the 21 per-voice distortions types and 14 filter types.
Blade offers total control of the sound over time using an array of different modulation controls.
The most significant of these is the central XY screen. Here you can either alter things directly by moving the cursor around, or you can record paths which can be replayed.
The recorded path can be looped, bi-directional looped and tempo based as well. Even the speed of the XY recording can be modulated for dynamic changes, making it an incredibly advanced 'human input' modulation source.
Furthermore, Blade has the full range of other modulation sources, including a dedicated envelope, LFO and velocity as modulation sources for Harmolator controls.
Two FX units featuring all the FX from other Rob Papen products, plus the Arp / Sequencer and an Easy page which allows you to easily control sounds, all add up to an amazingly flexible and useful instrument at the cutting edge of today's synthesizers!
PC: 32 & 64 bits VST and RTAS for Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
Mac: 32 & 64 bits AU and VST and 32 bit RTAS for OSX 10.5 or higher
Mac: AAX for OSX 10,5 of higher very soon
Mac: 32 bit AU, VST & RTAS for OSX 10.4 (Tiger)