Quested S6R/SB10R monitors and subwoofer bundle
Quested 2.1 monitoring system consisting of a pair of S6R's and an SB10R sub.
The Quested S6R is the smallest monitor in the S Range. It is a self-powered, 2-way active monitor. Its integral electronics and compact size make it an ideal choice where space is at a premium. It is fully magnetically shielded, so can be used in close proximity to CRT monitors and TVs.
The S6R's infinite baffle design and excessive amplifier headroom accumulate to provide a sonic performance that is truly remarkable for a box this size.
Typical applications include near-field monitoring for recording/mixing, programming, post production suites, broadcast and surround sound. The high power output enables the monitors to be used where high monitoring levels are required such as location work. The compact size allows for ease of placement of three or more units for LCR and multi-channel applications.
Although the bandwidth of the S6R is adequate for most situations, the low end performance can be further extended by combining it with an SB series sub bass. The two products make an ideal combination and extend the frequency response down to 20 Hz.
• Size (WxHxD): 170 x 285 x 240 mm
• Weight: 7.5 kgs
• Bass Driver: 1 x 130 mm (5 inch)
• High Frequency Driver: 1 x 28 mm (11/8 inch)
• Frequency Response: 75 Hz-22 kHz ± 2 dB
• Input Connector: XLR and 1/4 inch Jack combo socket
• Impedance: 10k ohm electronically balanced with RF filters
• Sensitivity: 12 dBu to +6 dBu for 96 dB SPL @ 1 m set by 10 position rotary switch on rear
• Subsonic Filter: -3dB @ 45 Hz, 24dB/oct
• Ultrasonic Filter: -3dB @ 75 kHz, 4dB/oct
• Crossover: 1k19
• LF EQ: -2/-4 @ 82 Hz
• HF EQ: +/- 2dB @ 10 kHz
• LF output power > 65W RMS continuous
• HF output power > 45W RMS continuous
Designed as a partner for any of the full-range monitors in the S-Series. The Quested SB10R will extend system frequency response down to 20 Hz and increase the system's maximum spl.
The filter bypass on the left channel optimises the SB10R's performance when it is used as a dedicated LFE monitor in a multi-channel system. With the 2-in 2-out bass management, a single SB10R can reinforce a stereo pair of full range cabinets.
A long throw 10 inch cast chassis driver is mounted in a tuned cabinet constructed of 26 mm MDF
Tradition is broken in that the matched 215W RMS amplifier and 2-channel SB10R controller are housed in a separate, single 1U rack space unit. Due to this Remote Power, the electronics do not suffer the adverse effects caused by the LF vibrations that are created by the drive unit. Also, calibration and operation of the SB10R controller are much easier to achive quickly and in comfort with the unit sited close to hand.
• Size (WxHxD): 617 x 333 x 290 mm
• Weight: 19.8 kgs
• Driver: 1 x 250 mm (10 inch)
• Input Connector: 1 pair gold plated binding posts
• Impedance: 2.3 ohm
SB10R Controller Specifications
• Size: 1U case, 270 mm depp
• Weight: 5.5 kgs
• Input Connector: 2 of XLR and 1/4 inch jack combo socket
• Left/Right Monitor Outs: 2 of XLR outs
• Sub Bass Output: 1 pair binding posts
• Crossover: 40 -135 Hz
• > 210W rms continuous