QSC KW122 12 inch Active 2 Way PA Speaker
The QSC KW122 builds on the success of the K series speakers and offers a 1000 W unit featuring the groundbreaking electronic attributes of it's predecessor in a smaller, lighter enclosure.
- Two way speaker with 1000 watt Class D power modules (2 x 500 W)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and Intrinsic Correction™ enhances system performance
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Four-position Mic/Line gain (full-range models)
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct™
- Read More
The KW122 features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500) Class D power module. In line with the K Series tradition, it's fitted with the identical high-output 1.75-inch HF device and a woofer of the same high quality design.
Defined Coverage Area
Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural 'dead' or 'hot' frequency zones.
Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
• Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in QSC's high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
• DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
• GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on the GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
The KW122 features a four-position mic/line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4-inch TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for 'daisy-chaining' of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP™ for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
The KW122 features a unique Tilt-Direct™ pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be 'daisy-chained' for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
The KW Series is designed to withstand the rigours of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminium handles and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications with a KW M10 KIT (sold separately).
QSC KW122 Specifications
Configuration: 12 inch 2-way multipurpose
LF Transducer: 12 inch cone transducer
HF Transducer: 1.75 inch diaphragm compression driver
Frequency Response (-6 dB): 53 Hz - 18 kHz
Frequency Range (-10 dB): 50 Hz - 20 kHz
Nominal Coverage (-6 dB): 75° axisymmetric
Maximum SPL (1 meter): 131 dB peak
Amplifier: 1000 W Class D (500 W LF, 500 W HF) continuous. 2000 W Peak
Dimensions: 660 x 381 x 391 mm / 26 x 15 x 15.4 inches
Weight: 22.2 Kgs / 49 lbs