* SPECIAL OFFER * Novation Bass Station II and KRK KNS6400 Headphones Bundle
The Novation Bass Station II is an analogue mono synth based on the classic original BassStation. This bundle includes a pair of KRK KNS6400 headphones
- Analogue synthesizer: brand new version of the classic BassStation
- Two distinct analogue filters: A brand new 'Acid' filter joins the 'Classic' original BassStation filter
- Pattern-based Step Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Bass Station II includes fully analogue distortion and filter-modulation effects and a separate filter overdrive to add an aggressive, crunchy sound-quality
- MIDI I/O and USB connectivity
- Bundle includes gig bag and KNS6400 headphones
- Read More
Package consists of:
• 1 x Novation Bass Station II Analogue Synth
• 1 x KRK KNS 6400 Closed Back Studio Headphones
• 1 x Novation Bass Station II Gig Bag
Novation Bass Station II Analogue Synth
The Novation Bass Station II is an analogue mono synth based on the classic original BassStation but re-worked for the 21st century.
The Novation Bass Station II is an analogue mono synth with a talent for bass, but a sound-engine that is versatile enough to kick out sharp leads and crisp arpeggios. It brings the best elements of the original BassStation into a brand new design with re-worked modulation, effects, filters and more: like the BassStation, but much, much bigger.
The signal path is pure analogue - including the effects section. The hardware has been laid out in modules with dedicated pots, switches, sliders and buttons for all major parameters. Critically, you can store and recall patches on Bass Station II. It comes with 64 killer factory presets, space for 64 of your own sounds on the hardware, and you can store more on your computer.
The key-mechanism consists of 25 full-sized keys that are velocity sensitive with assignable aftertouch. It has been developed as a 'synth-action' keyboard, where each key is individually sprung so it is light to the touch and highly responsive to the synth engine. Bass Station II is a fully class compliant MIDI device with MIDI I/O on 5 pin din ports – for connecting to other MIDI outboard – and your computer over USB.
The Bass Station II Synth Engine: A Brief Overview
Oscillators: Bass Station II is built on three analogue oscillators and a noise generator. There are two fully independent oscillators plus a sub oscillator (which is the critical component in creating rich, analogue bass sounds). Oscillators One and Two are switchable between sine, sawtooth, square and variable pulse width, and Oscillator Three - the sub osc - can be set to one or two octaves below Oscillator One. It can be square, sine or narrow pulse width, delivering the characteristically 'fat' bass tone.
Filters: You can select between two discrete filters - 'Acid' or 'Classic' - each with a built in overdrive for pushing filter tones from dry, to warm, to nasty! The 'Classic' BassStation filter can be switched between low pass, high pass and band pass at 12 or 24dB slopes. The 'Acid' filter is based on a diode ladder filter design that delivers a characteristically 303-esque sound that is designed to squelch!
Effects: Bass Station II has two effects (not including the filter overdrive). Analogue distortion drives circuit components to add new frequencies to the sound. Bass Station II's Distortion function can add gentle warmth, filthy granularity and anything in between. The second effect is 'Osc Filter Mod' which creates a distinctive FM-type sound by using Oscillator Two to modulate the filter frequency. This is very good at crunchy, sound-mulching effects that substantially fatten up bass and lead patches.
Modulation: There are two envelope generators and two low frequency oscillators (LFOs). The first envelope is an ADSR amp envelope and the second is a mod envelope that can be used to modulate filter frequency, oscillator pitch and osc pulse width. LFO One is dedicated to pitch modulation whereas LFO Two is used to modulate osc pulse width and filter frequency. Although it looks like there are four LFO waveforms, the 'LFO Slew' function can be used freely to sculpt LFOs into smoother wave-shapes.
Arpeggiator and Step Sequencer: Bass Station II's Arpeggiator and Step Sequencer are killer performance and production tools. The Arp can be directed to run through 32 different rhythmic patterns in different directions with a switchable octave range. You can also engage the Step Sequencer. Up to four sequences can be played in – with legato and rests – and played back using any one of the 32 rhythmic patterns. As well as getting ideas down quickly and programming performance sequences, this is a brilliant way to preview patches whilst you are editing your Bass Station II Analogue Mono Synthesizer.
KRK KNS 6400 Closed Back Studio Headphones
Whether you are listening to some tracks, or tracking your next recording, the KNS 6400 gives you the famous KRK sound independent of your monitors. This closed-back around-the-ear design brings you closer to your music and the highly isolated surround pads give you the freedom to immerse yourself in the sound without having your monitor mix 'escape' into open microphones.
• The latest reference quality frequency response for closed-back, circum-aural dynamic headphones.
• Newly developed headphone acoustical system bringing a new level of headphone performance for the first time.
• A new standard in headphone comfort, even over extended periods of use, designed to avoid feeling uncomfortable during long sessions. The special foam conforms to the ear to help ensure an improved fit.
• Exceedingly accurate, natural and wide frequency response.
• High-efficiency Neodymium 40mm driver.
• High durability 2.5m single-sided straight cable with oxygen-free copper wires.
• Adjustable, foldable driver enclosures provide comfort and portability.
• Soft carrying case embossed with the KRK logo for travelling engineers, or storage when not in use.
• 36 ohms impedance
• Weight: 202g / 0.44 lbs (without cable)
Novation Bass Station II Gig Bag
The Novation Bass Station II Gig Bag is the classy and practical way to transport your Bass Station II.
This tough custom gig bag is designed just for the Bass Station II and comes in a matching, and very fetching, blue with the Novation logo proudly displayed on the front. It's well padded and features additional pockets for your laptop, cables etc. The bag comes with a shoulder strap in addition to the usual handle.
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout) International orders over £250 are delivered FREE except for large or heavy items. Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
1 Recommended Accessory
Condition New On demo in store No Brand Novation Keyboard Type Synth Number of keys 25 Keyboard Action Synth Action
|This product has no reviews yet.|