Neumann KM184 Microphone (black)
Neumann KM184 microphone (Black)
The KM184 microphone is the successor of the well proven KM 84, which has been used since the 70s worldwide with great success.
Although the KM184 has the same capsule as the KM 84, the microphone differs slightly on the 0° frequency response: The KM184 has a gentle rise at about 9 kHz, a characteristic that was introduced very successfully with the KM 140. The result is a tonal balance that is fresher and livelier when compared to the KM 84 with its flat frequency response in that band.
This difference was achieved with just a slight change of the capsule's rear opening, and is not due to resonances.
• Acoustical operating principle: Pressure/Pressure gradient transducer
• Directional pattern: Cardioid
• Frequency range: 20Hz to 20kHz
• Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 15mV/Pa
• Rated impedance: 50 ohms
• Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
• Equivalent noise level, CCIR: 22dB
• Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: 13dB-A
• Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (rel. 94 dB SPL): 72dB
• Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL): 81dB
• Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
• Maximum output voltage: 10dBu
• Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
• Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.2 mA
• Matching connectors: XLR 3F
• Weight: approx. 80g
• Diameter: 22mm
• Length: 107mm