MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid FirewireUSB2 audio Interface
As a hybrid audio interface, the MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid provides flexible connectivity to any Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0, with ten channels of pristine 192 kHz analogue recording and playback, combined with sixteen channels of ADAT digital I/O and stereo S/PDIF. Expand your system by connecting additional MOTU audio interfaces or the 8pre mic input expander.
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity - connect to your computer via either bus-powered FireWire or hi-speed USB2
- CueMix FX™ - flexible 28 input/16 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output
- 28 inputs / 30 outputs (at 44.1/48 kHz) - there's no channel sharing in the 828mk3, the mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels
- Mic/guitar instrument sends - add your favourite outboard EQ, preamp, reverb or other processor to the two mic/guitar inputs, before the signal goes digital
- Flexible optical I/O - 16 channels of ADAT lightpipe, 8 channels of SMUX (96 kHz) or two pairs of stereo TOSLink. Mix and match formats between the two banks
- Stand-alone operation - program your mixes at the studio and then bring the 828mk3 to your gig
- Includes 32- and 64-bit native drivers for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista/XP, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software
- Read More
Tons of I/O
The 828mk3 is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the 828mk3 provides 28 separate inputs and 30 separate outputs, including dedicated main outs on XLRs and two front panel headphone outs.
On-board digital mixer with effects for monitoring and live mixing
Connect all of your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines and even effects processors. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer – with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven compression, EQ and reverb to every input and output, independent of your host computer. When recording from the mic/guitar inputs, the 828mk3's signal overload protection gives you an extra 12 dB of headroom above zero with no digital clipping or harsh artifacts.
Advanced audio analysis tools
Analyse and scope your audio with advanced diagnostic tools, including a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram 'waterfall' display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot, and linear/polar phase analysis graphs.
Stand-alone operation as a mixer
After programming the on-board mixing in the studio, unplug the 828mk3 from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. All mixing and effects parameters are adjustable using the front panel backlit LCD.
The 828mk3 provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favourite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
MOTU 828MK3 Hybrid Additional Features
• Front-panel control — access any setting in your entire 828mk3 mix directly from the front panel.
• Multiple CueMix FX mixes — for example, create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Or add send/return loops for outboard gear - with no latency.
• Two front panel combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4 inch guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain.
• Clip protection — Mic/guitar input limiter prevents digital clipping and distortion from overloaded signal levels up to +12 dB over zero.
• Eight 24-bit 192kHz analogue inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4 inch TRS jacks
• Precision Digital Trim™ — Digitally controlled analogue trim on all analogue inputs (mic/guitar inputs + quarter-inch TRS inputs) provides accurate adjustements in 1 dB increments. Fine-tune the balance of your analogue inputs and then save/recall trim configurations.
• Sample-accurate MIDI — connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
• Expandable — add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
• Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume control.
• Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out
• Word clock in and out
• SMPTE in and out
• 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
• Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Macintosh with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
• Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0.
• Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available.
• Two front panel headphone jacks with independent volume controls.
• Front panel meters or activity LEDs for all analogue, digital and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync tach and lock LEDs.
• Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs.
• International 100-240V, 50-60 Hz autoswitching power supply.
• Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears and front and back panel knobs and connectors: 19 x 7 x 1.75 inches (48.26 x 17.78 x 4.45 cm). Knobs and connectors extend up to 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from front and back panels, adding 1 inch (2.54 cm) to depth. With rack ears attached, fits standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
1 Recommended Accessory
Brand Motu Condition New Minimum system requirements - Mac No Minimum system requirements - PC No Specifications No
Other products to consider
MOTU 896 Mk3 Hybrid USB2 & Firewire audio interface with DSP effects processing Add to compare£1,095.00Ordered on Request*
|This product has no reviews yet.|