Moog Minitaur Analogue Bass Synth Module
Moog's Minitaur is the ultimate bass machine--an inconspicuously compact analogue synthesizer that delivers a massive low end punch.
- 100% analogue audio signal path based on Taurus I and Taurus III synthesizers
- 2 Taurus VCOs with variable Glide amount
- Sawtooth (original Taurus) or Square waveform selection for both VCO's
- 1 MIDI-syncable triangle wave LFO for modulating VCF/VCO's
- Moog/Taurus-style Ladder Filter with VC Resonance
- Two Minimoog-style ADSR Envelope generators with the Decay and Release segments controlled by the Decay knob plus a Release On/Off switch
- CV, Gate, MIDI and USB connectivity
- Read More
For over 40 years, the Moog Taurus has been the secret weapon of artists and producers around the globe for generating earth-shaking bass.
The Minitaur is the newest addition to the Taurus family of analogue Bass Synthesizers. It is an inconspicuously compact, subharmonic bass machine designed to integrate seamlessly into any performance or computer-based music workflow. Just like its progenitors, the Minitaur effortlessly does one thing above all others… wall splitting analogue BASS.
The solid steel enclosure of the Minitaur is deceptively simple - offering immediate access to critical sound design and performance controls only. This makes Minitaur extremely fast and easy to use--but just under the surface lies a vast expanse of dynamic and inspirational power that is instantly accessible from almost any laptop or MIDI controller.
The free Minitaur Editor software truly unlocks Minitaur's power and flexibility by making DAW integration and control completely seamless on both Mac and Windows machines. Load and save up to 128 presets onto your Minitaur, select from 6 different modulation waveshapes , engage Hard Sync, access full ADSR envelopes, MIDI sync the LFO, reset oscillator waveform cycles, polychain with other Moog synthesizers and more. Every feature can be manipulated, automated and recalled instantly.
This secret weapon of artists and producers around the globe has been upgraded with new firmware, greatly expanding the instrument's sonic capabilities: create evolving organic bass that moves by isolating modulations to oscillator 2 only, or engage hard sync to turn Minitaur into a hyper-focused bass laser with pinpoint accuracy. Five new modulation wave shapes unlock access to syncopated sweeps and analogue percussion sounds, while Minitaur's assignable CV/GATE inputs allow a world of inter-connective possibilities to unfold 'outside of the box'.
• Save And Recall Up To 128 Onboard Presets - Select and save directly from your Minitaur's front panel, via MIDI controller or with the free Minitaur Editor / Librarian software.
• Free Editor/Librarian Software - Seamless DAW integration now with full Windows support!
• 5 New Modulation Sources (Tri, Sqr, Saw, Ramp, S&H and Filter EG)
• Hard Sync - Access a completely new sonic palette with your Minitaur
• Modulate Oscillator 2 Only - Pair with Hard Sync for syncopated metallic sweeps and surges
• Assignable CV/GATE Inputs - Control any feature on or under the hood of your Minitaur via control voltage.
• CV TO MIDI Conversion - Bring control voltage into your DAW for analogue control over digital circuits
Moog Minitaur Specifications
Sound Engine: Analogue
Presets: 128 Presets
Polyphony: Monophonic (can be poly-chained)
External Controller Response: Keyboard, Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, After Pressure and Velocity
Sound Sources: 2 Waveshape Oscillators with Square and Saw waveshapes
VCO 2 Frequency: +/-12 Semitones
Hard Sync: On/Off
Oscillator Calibration Range: 22Hz-6.8KHz. Note range at 8' = 18 - 116
Glide: Select LCR, LCT, EXP - Legato On/Off
Filter: 20Hz-20KHz Moog Ladder Filter
Modulation Sources: LFO (Triange, Square, Saw, Ramp, Sample & Hold), Filter Envelope
Modulation Destinations: Oscillator Pitch, Oscillator 2 Pitch only, Filter Cutoff
LFO Panel Features: Rate control, VCO LFO Amount and VCF LFO Amount
Envelopes: 2x ADSR Envelopes with Legato On, Legato Off and EG Reset
External Audio Input: 1/4 inch TS
Audio Output: 1/4 inch TS, 1/8 inch TRS Headphone with volume control
MIDI I/O: DIN In, and MIDI I/O over USB
Assignable CV/GATE Inputs: Filter CV (Fixed Dest.), Pitch CV (Default), Volume CV (Default), KB Gate (Default)
CV TO MIDI Conversion: Yes
Included Power Supply: 100-250VAC, 50-60Hz, +12VDC
Weight: 1.2 Kg / 2.5lbs
Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.1 x 8.75 x 5.1 inches
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
- A section for keyboards, synths and pianos.
Specifications No On demo in store No Brand Moog Condition New
Other products to consider
Korg ESX-1-SD Electribe SX Music Production Station - SD Card (Pre-Owned) Currently Unavailable*
|Customer Comment||Our Response|
|Awesome synth, bass for days..|
|I wanted another synth, and after watching the demo on YouTube had a look at the Moog Minitaur. On reviewing the original synth again I could not get the power of the Minitaurs bass sound out of my mind, there was no comparison hence my purchase. It's great that I can automate the Minitaur from... Read More. I wanted another synth, and after watching the demo on YouTube had a look at the Moog Minitaur. On reviewing the original synth again I could not get the power of the Minitaurs bass sound out of my mind, there was no comparison hence my purchase. It's great that I can automate the Minitaur from other sequencers via it's midi in. Thunderous 'I Feel Love' style bass easily attainable from the Minitaur if that is what you desire. Also stands up perfectly next to the vintage sounds from a Minimoog and Prodigy both of which I have used.|
|Read more reviews on Feefo|