Moog MiniMoog Voyager Performer Edition (Ex-Display)
Moog Music presents the award-winning minimoog Voyager Performer Edition, an all analogue performance synthesizer incorporating virtually all of the functions of the original minimoog synthesizer, produced from 1971 to 1984 and a number of new features that makes this the minimoog for the 21st Century.
- Classic Moog sound and design
- All analogue, monophonic performance oriented synthesizer
- Full MIDI specification
- Touch surface offers real time control of three paraneters
- Comprehensive interfacing including CV and gate IO
- Read More
This investment will last you a life-time. The Voyager is panelled in ash with a stunning custom finish. It features include 3 ultra-stable oscillators, dual moog filters, 4-stage analogue envelope generators, flexible modulation busses, and much much more.
If you want THE Moog sound, this is it. Period. This has Bob Moog's legendary synthesizer design expertise in its circuits. Say no more. It sounds amazing, looks amazing, and feels amazing. There is no substitute.
The Moog VOYAGER Synthesizer is a monophonic (one note at a time) analogue performance synthesizer. It incorporates virtually all of the sound resources and functions of the original Model D Minimoog, which was produced by Moog Music, Inc. from 1970 to 1982. It has many new additional features, including a three dimensional touch surface, MIDI IN and MIDI OUT implementation, extensive patching facilities, and a large number of new panel features.
The signal path starts with a bank of three wide-range, high-stability voltage controlled oscillators, one noise source, and one audio preamplifier for externally-applied audio signals. The sound modifiers are two Moog filters and one stereo VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier). Modulation sources are two ADSR (Attack Decay Sustain Release) envelope generators and one multiwaveform LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator).Control devices include a 44-key keyboard with velocity and afterpressure (aftertouch) outputs, pitch bend and modulation wheels, a three dimensional touch surface, and many control / pedal input jacks.
The VOYAGER has a hinged, multi-position panel and a solid hardwood cabinet. The power supply accepts any power voltage from 100 volts to 240 volts.
Three wide-range, high stability VCO's (Voltage Controlled Oscillators) with continuously-variable waveforms.
• FREQUENCY controls (2): Vary the frequencies of Oscillators #2 and #3 over a +/-7 semitone range with respect to Oscillator #1.
• OCTAVE selectors (3): Set the frequency ranges of the oscillators in six octave steps.
• WAVE controls (3): Provide continuous control over the waveforms of the oscillators, from triangular, to sawtooth, to square, to narrow rectangular.
• 1-2 SYNC switch: Synchronises the Oscillator #2 waveform to the frequency of Oscillator #1, for dramatic timbral effects.
• 3-1 FM switch: Provides linear frequency modulation of Oscillator #1 by Oscillator #3.
• 3 KB CONT switch: Disconnects Oscillator #3 from control by the keyboard, thereby enabling it to function as a drone.
• 3 FREQ switch: Lowers the frequency of Oscillator #3 into the sub-audio range, thereby enabling it to function as a low frequency audio or modulating oscillator.
Five-input mixer for combining the audio sources prior to filtering.
• INPUT LEVEL CONTROLS (x5) adjust the relative levels of the oscillators, noise source, and external audio input signals.
• INPUT SWITCHES (x5) enable the player to quickly switch individual audio signals in and out.
• EXTERNAL LEVEL LED enables the player to set the correct external audio signal level.
Dual mode filter module includes dual lowpass and highpass-lowpass filtering. Dual lowpass mode consists of two Moog lowpass-resonant filters in parallel, one per output channel. Highpass-lowpass mode consists of Moog lowpass filter in series with a highpass filter.
• CUTOFF control sweeps the frequencies of both filters throughout the audio range.
• SPACING control sets the spacing between the frequencies of the two filters, over a +/-3 octave range.
• RESONANCE control adjusts the resonance of both filters, from none (pure lowpass response) to filter oscillation.
• KB CONT AMOUNT control sets how much the filters open and close as the player presses different keys on the keyboard.
• DUAL LOWPASS /HIGHPASS-LOWPASS switch selects between dual lowpass operation or highpass-lowpass operation.
The Envelopes Module generates two wide-range ADSR (Attack Decay Sustain Release) envelopes. The Filter Envelope sweeps the filter and is available for modulation shaping. The Volume Envelope shapes the overall volume.
• ATTACK controls (x2): Determine the attack times of the envelopes.
• DECAY controls (x2): Determine the decay time constants of the envelopes.
• SUSTAIN controls (x2): Determine the sustain levels of the envelopes.
• RELEASE controls (x2): Determine the release time constants of the envelopes.
• AMOUNT TO FILTER control: Determines how much the filter envelope will open and close the filter, from full negative (inverted envelope) to full positive (non-inverted envelope).
• ENVELOPE GATE SWITCH: Selects whether the envelopes will be triggered by the keyboard, on, or by an externally-applied gate.
The Low Frequency Oscillator generates triangular, square, Sample & Hold, and smoothed Sample & Hold waveforms for use as modulating signals.
• RATE control sets the LFO rate over the range 0.2 Hz (one cycle every five seconds) to 50 Hz (fifty times a second).
• SYNC selector selects LFO synchronisation source to be from the keyboard gate, external envelope gate, external gate, or off (no synchronisation).
• RATE LED provides visual indication of the LFO rate.
Modulation Busses Module
Selects the sources, destinations, and shaping signals for the MOD WHEEL bus and the EXT PEDAL/ON bus.
• SOURCE selectors (x2): selects the modulation source from the LFO triangle or square waveforms, Oscillator# 3, sample and hold, the external modulation input (MOD2) or noise.
• DESTINATION selectors (x2): selects the modulation destination from all the audio oscillators, just Oscillator #2, just Oscillator #3, the filter cutoff frequencies, the oscillator waveforms, or LFO Rate.
• SHAPING selectors (x2): selects the key pressure signal, filter envelope, note-on velocity or on to shape the modulation signal on that bus.
• AMOUNT controls (x2): sets the overall modulation amount for each bus.
• MASTER VOLUME: Sets the overall level of the instrument's audio outputs.
• HEADPHONE VOLUME: Sets the overall level of the headphone output.
• HEADPHONES JACK: 1/4 inch tip-ring-sleeve phone jack for regular headphones.
Glide and Fine Tune Module
• GLIDE varies the speed at which the keyboard voltage changes, from instantaneous to several seconds. Note: Glide now sweeps both oscillator and filter frequencies on all new Moog Voyagers.
• FINE TUNE adjusts the overall tuning of the instrument.
V 3.3 Software Capabilities
• FRONT PANEL STORAGE AND RECALL: Except for the Fine Tuning control, the settings of all front panel controls, selectors, and switches are stored in the nonvolatile digital memory. A total of eight hundred ninety-six front panel presets may be stored for instant recall.
• TRANSMISSION AND RECEPTION OF KEYBOARD DATA VIA MIDI: Polyphonic note-on and note-off with velocity can be transmitted (Note numbers 53-96).The Voyager responds to note-on (0-127) messages monophonically with user defineable note priority. The Voyager's Front Panel Controls transmit and respond to MIDI CCs. Please refer to the Voyager User's Manual for a list of the Front Panel Controls and their corresponding MIDI CC#s.
• UPLOADING AND DOWNLOADING OF PRESETS VIA MIDI: Individual Presets or whole Preset banks may be uploaded and downloaded via MIDI System Exclusive.
• UPDATING OF OPERATING SOFTWARE VIA MIDI: The instrument's operating software can be updated via MIDI files (.syx Sysex files) which will be available on Moog Music's web site in the Support Docs and Software section.
• PANEL MODE FEATURES: Panel Mode features include Compare, Quick Mode (Preset changes with +/-1 buttons), Parameter Display (view stored paramter value, current parameter value), and enable/disable preset Master and Headphone Volume.
• EDIT MODE FEATURES: Related to Preset Parameters not on Front Panel, these include: Compare tp Preset, Recall last Sound, Real Panel Control, Pitch Bend Amount, Programmable Mod Buss Sources, Destinations and Shaping, Keyboard and Trigger Modes, FIlter Pole Select, Envelope Gate Source, Touch Surface Destinations, Touch Surface Memory, Pot Mapping Mod. Matrix, LFO MIDI Clock Divider, Initialize Parameters, Preset Name, and Save Preset.
• MASTER MODE FEATURES: Global Settings and functions for the Voyager include: LCD Contrast, MIDI Local Kbd. On/Off, MIDI Merge, MIDI Program Change On/Off, MIDI In/Out Channel, MIDI In/Out On/Off, Send Panel Sound, Send All Presets, Receive Presets, SysEx Device ID, Transpose In/Out, MIDI Key Order, Velocity Curve, Copyright Info, Software Version, Send System ROM, Send Boot System, Receive Update.
Player Control Interfaces
• 44-KEY KEYBOARD: Produces Pitch, Gate, Velocity, and Pressure (aftertouch) control outputs. Note: An improved afterpressure circuit from Moog is now featured on all new Voyagers, providing a wider sweet spot for greater expressiveness and control.
• WHEELS: Pitch Wheel bends pitch over a range of up to +/-1 octave. Mod wheel controls the gain of the MOD WHEEL bus.
• GLIDE & RELEASE SWITCHES: Provide real-time on-off control over the glide and release functions.
• THREE DIMENSIONAL TOUCH SURFACE: Provides three continuously-variable control signals which are derived from the up-down and left-right position of the player's finger, and the amount of area with which the player makes contact to the surface.
Dimensions and Weight
• 30.5 inches Wide x 18 inches Deep x3 inches High (when flat)
• 12 inches High when fully upright
• 40 lbs
- Sorry - this product is not available to purchase
7 Recommended Accessories
Condition Ex-display On demo in store No Brand Moog Keyboard Type Synth Number of keys 44 Keyboard Action Synth Action
|This product has no reviews yet.|