Moog MF103 Moogerfooger 12 Stage Phaser (Includes PSU)
Moog Moogerfooger 12 Stage Phaser (MGMF103)
The Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser Moogerfooger is a high quality effect designed by Bob Moog. It contains an amazing-sounding 6 or 12 stage phaser circuit as well as a wide-range LFO with an adjustable sweep amount. Used with guitars, basses, keyboards, samples, or recorded tracks, the MF-103 can apply subtle tonal coloration or extremely deep phasing that spins your speakers and ears out of control.
- Read More
The MF-103 12-stage phaser is a direct descendant of the original Moog modular synthesizers, yet can be used with any instrument level to line level signal. It contains two compete modular functions: a 6 or 12-stage phaser with resonance control, and wide range LFO with amount control.
The 12-Stage Phaser's control parameters are Sweep frequency, Resonance, LFO Rate and LFO Amount. All of these parameters can be controlled by the great feeling knobs that beg to be tweaked as well as expression pedals or external control voltages. Panel switches select ranrge of LFO Rate and 6 or 12 stage phasing. 1/4 inch jacks are provided for audio input and outputs, pedal/control inputs, LFO out and auxiliary sweep input for bi-phase effects. The heavy-duty yet smooth-acting bypass switch allows tabletop or floor use.
A phaser is a type of comb filter, so called because its frequency response has several dips and peaks, like the teeth of a comb. As the phaser response sweeps back and forth across the frequency spectrum, the harmonics of the audio input signal are alternately increased and decreased. This produces the classic phaser whooshing sound.
Phasing is one of the best ways to impart motion to a track and to make sounds come alive. With the MF-103 Phaser you can get swirling, shimmering, vibrating effects: fill up a whole stage from one sound source: even create brand new sonic textures.
The MF-103 produces two comb-filter responses. They are called 6-Stage and 12-Stage, because of the number of phase-shifting circuits that are used internally. The 6-Stage mode has three dips in its frequency response, while the 12-Stage mode has six dips. These two modes have distinctly different sound qualities. In addition, the MF-103 features a variable feedback circuit which increases the resonance, or depth of the phaser sound.
Moog MF-103 Specifications
• RATE rotary control, which varies LFO's frequency over a 250:1 range.
• AMOUNT rotary control, which adjusts the amount by which the LFO output varies the phaser sweep.
• SWEEP rotary control, which moves the phaser frequency response over a six-octave range.
• RESONANCE rotary control, which adjusts the height and sharpness of the peaks of the phaser frequency response.
• DRIVE rotary control, which adjusts the gain of the audio input to the phaser.
• OUTPUT LEVEL rotary control, which balances the phaser signals with the bypassed signal.
• LO-HI rocker switch, which chooses between the low LFO range (0.01 Hz to 2.5 Hz) and the high LFO range (1.0 Hz to 250 Hz).
• LEVEL, a three-color LED that is used to set the DRIVE control.
• LFO, a LED that indicates the LFO rate.
• BYPASS, a two-color LED that tells whether the phaser is active or bypassed.
• ON/BYPASS, a rugged, smooth-acting 'stomp switch'.
Jack Panel Features
• AUDIO IN 1/4 inch phone jack - accepts any instrument-level or line-level audio signal from -16 dBm to +4 dbm. Input impedance is one megohm.
• AUDIO OUT 1/4 inch phone jack - -4 dBm nominal output level. +8 dBm absolute maximum output level. Output impedance is 5,000 ohms.
• AUX OUT 1/4 inch phone jack - -4 dBm nominal output level. +8 dBm absolute maximum output level. Output impedance is 5,000 ohms.
• RATE, AMOUNT, SWEEP, RESONANCE, all of which are stereo 1/4 inch jacks that accept moogerfooger EP1 (or equivalent) expression pedals, or control voltages from two-circuit or three-circuit 1/4 inch jacks.
• SWEEP IN - provides a means of applying an external +/- 2.5 volt control signal to the second 6-section phasing circuit, in place of the LFO. Input impedance is 50,000 ohms.
• LFO OUT 1/4 inch phone jack - delivers the LFO waveform (triangular wave: +/- 2.8 volts) for use by other voltage-controlled devices. Output imedance is 600 ohms.
• +9V POWER INPUT jack - accepts standard 9 volt power adaptors.
• CASE: Black panel with hardwood sides -- classic analogue appearance.
• DIMENSIONS: 9 x 6 x 2-1/2 (inches)
• NET WEIGHT: 2 lb.
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout) International orders over £250 are delivered FREE except for large or heavy items. Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Specifications No On demo in store No Brand Moog Condition New
Other products to consider
Moog MF102 Moogerfooger Ring Modulator (Includes PSU) Add to compare£240.60Ordered on Request*
|This product has no reviews yet.|