Moog MF102 Moogerfooger Ring Modulator (Includes PSU)
Moog Moogerfooger Ring Modulator (MGMF102)
The Moog MF-102 Ring Modulator Moogerfooger is an award winning effect designed by Bob Moog. It contains an analogue Ring Modulator with a built in Carrier Oscillator and LFO.
The MF-102 Ring Modulator is a direct descendant of the original Moog modular synthesizers. It contains three complete modular functions: a ring modulator, a voltage-controlled carrier oscillator, and voltage-contolled dual-waveform LFO. It can be used to process any instrument-level to line-level signal.
- Read More
A ring modulator produces sum and difference frequencies between the audio input and a carrier oscillator. The ring modulator's LFO can be used to modulate the carrier frequency. The moogerfooger ring modulator can create effects ranging from subtle tremolo to harmonically rich distortion, gong-like sounds, sweeps, swoops, and divebombs. It can be subtle, or outlandish in it's use - you decide!
The moogerfooger ring modulator's control parameters are signal mix, carrier frequency, LFO rate, and LFO amount. All of the ring modulator's parameters can be controlled by the great feeling knobs that beg to be tweaked as well as with expression pedals or external control voltages. Panel switches select LFO waveform and carrier frequency range. 1/4 inch jacks are provided for audio input and output, pedal/control inputs, carrier input and carrier output. The heavy-duty yet smooth acting bypass switch allows tabletop or floor use.
Imagine that the ring modulator's carrier oscillator is producing a 500 Hz sine wave, and your input signal is a 100 Hz sine wave. The ring modulator's output will be a complex waveform. You will hear two pitches: 400 Hz and 600 Hz. You will not hear your original input or the carrier oscillator.
Moog MF-102 Specifications
• FREQUENCY rotary control, which varies the carrier frequency over a six-octave range.
• RATE rotary control, which varies the LFO's frequency from 0.1 Hz to 25 Hz.
• LFO AMOUNT rotary control, which adjusts the amount that the LFO output sweeps the carrier oscillator.
• MIX rotary control, which crossfades continuously from unmodulated to modulated audio.
• DRIVE rotary control, which adjusts the gain of the audio input.
• SQUARE-SINE rocker switch, which chooses the LFO waveform.
• LO-HI rocker switch, which chooses between the low frequency carrier range (2 Hz to 130 Hz) and the high frequency carrier range (60 Hz to 4,000 Hz).
• LEVEL, a three-color LED that is used to set the DRIVE control.
• LFO, a LED that indicates the LFO rate.
• BYPASS, a two-color LED that tells whether the ring modulator is on or bypassed.
• ON/BYPASS, a rugged, smooth-acting 'stomp switch'.
Jack Panel Features
• AUDIO IN 1/4 inch phone jack - accepts any instrument-level or line-level audio signal from -16 dBm to +4 dbm.
• AUDIO OUT 1/4 inch phone jack - -4 dBm nominal output level.
• FREQUENCY, RATE, LFO AMOUNT, MIX, all of which are stereo 1/4 inch jacks that accept moogerfooger EP1 (or equivalent) expression pedals, or control voltages from two-circuit or three-circuit 1/4 inch jacks.
• AUX AUDIO IN - provides a means of applying an external signal to the ring modulator, in place of the carrier oscillator.
• LFO OUT jack - delivers the LFO voltage for use by other voltage-controlled devices.
• CARRIER OUT jack - delivers the carrier signal for use by other devices.
• +9V POWER INPUT jack - accepts standard 9 volt power adaptors.
• CASE: Black panel with hardwood sides - classic analogue appearance.
• DIMENSIONS: 9 x 6 x 2-1/2 (inches)
• NET WEIGHT: 2 lb
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout) International orders over £250 are delivered FREE except for large or heavy items. Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
1 Recommended Accessory
Specifications No On demo in store No Brand Moog Condition New
Other products to consider
Moog MF101 Moogerfooger Low Pass Filter (Includes PSU) Add to compare£264.72Ordered on Request*
Moog MF103 Moogerfooger 12 Stage Phaser (Includes PSU) Add to compare£311.00Ordered on Request*
|This product has no reviews yet.|