Mackie PPM608 Powered Mixer (ex-display)
Ultra-light and completely self-contained, the Mackie PPM608 Professional Powered Mixer features two ridiculously robust power amps for mains and/or monitors (500W + 500W). With 1000 watts of system power, this mixer provides more raw power than the competition. Things can get pretty intense out there and your gear needs to be able keep up the pace. Mackie have custom designed the PPM608 with Class-D amps, which run cool and boast maximum efficiency to keep your sound pumping until they start kicking people out. They had to include Mackie's proven Fast Recovery circuitry, eliminating the risk of pesky amp latching. The result is a distortion free mix even when pushing peak levels. The built-in limiter can go toe-to-toe with the most popular outboard stereo limiters used in live sound today, protecting your speakers from damage. The limiter's attack and release times are specifically selected to address full-bandwidth music and will not muddy things up by adding any unwanted pumping. PPM mixers are surprisingly lightweight, but tremendously powerful. You can push the PPM608 to its maximum output, distortion free!
- Read More
Mackie PPM608 Features
• Full-featured 8-channel, 1000W, ultra-light Professional Powered Mixer with onboard 32-bit digital RMFX+™ processor
• 500W + 500W Mackie designed Class-D, Fast Recovery™ power amplifiers
• 32-bit RMFX+™ processor featuring 24 'Gig Ready' reverbs, choruses, and tap delay for live applications
• 8 premium Mackie mic preamps with 48V phantom power and TRS inserts (ch 1-6)
• New Dedicated In-line Compression provides increased presence and punch for vocals and instruments
• Individual channel inserts (ch. 1-6) allow compressors and other outboard processing on critical instrument or voice channels
• 2 stereo inputs with dual RCA and dual 1/4-inch line inputs for flexible connectivity
• Mackie's 3-band active channel EQ (80hz, 2.5kHz, 12kHz)
• 2 built-in DI boxes for direct instrument connections
• Separate Monitor and FX auxiliary sends
• Dual 7-Band graphic EQ on the Mains and Monitor outputs for tuning rooms and monitor mixes
• 3-Mode Amplifier for ultra-flexible routing, switchable as Mains Stereo L/R, Mono Mains/Monitor 1, or Mon 1 & Mon 2
• Precision Passive EQ for enhanced clarity and LF response with Mackie passive loudspeakers
• Rugged metal handles built into the sides of the mixer case for easy transport from gig to gig.
• Built like a tank and armoured in poly carbonate ABS, the PPM608 features classic Mackie rounded front chassis design. So if the PPM rolls on its face during transport the controls are recessed and protected
• Ultra-Lightweight and portable (20lbs/ 9kg)
The Right Tools For The Job
Most powered mixers out there have either a limited set of mixing tools—keeping your mix decidedly average—or they cram in a mind-boggling amount of lame effects that you would never use. Every professional carries the right tools for the job, so the PPM608 comes with a great-sounding, highly useable toolkit.
'Gig Ready' Effects
The all-new RMFX+ (Running Man FX) 32-bit effects processor brings 'gig ready,' useable effects to your mixes. Why scroll through hundreds of bizarre effects, like 'ghost ambience?' Yeah, like anyone even knows what that means. Or how about winners like 'delay+phaser2', which you'll never use in a million years. Those other mixers will leave your fingers raw from all the scrolling you have to do. The RMFX+ processor features 24 solid FX that are known for their utility and usability. Small, medium and large room reverbs with the choice of a warm or bright characteristic put your mix in the right space. Simple, rich choruses and an array of practical delays enable you to create professional mixes without requiring a two-hour sound check. Also, the RMFX+ is the first onboard processor to feature a user tap function. So if you want to use a delay, but our preset delay time doesn't work, you can tap it in instantly! Basically, Mackie have delivered a full rack of gear at your fingertips that is easy to master, allowing you to look and sound really good at your next gig. Really, really good.
The PPM608 is fully armoured inside a solid steel chassis, helping to protect the electronics from any potential environmental hazard (Think beer.) Extremely durable polycarbonate ABS end caps will protect the PPM608 from years of abuse caused by tossing it in and out of the truck or falling off the stool at rehearsal. Each PPM608 features rounded front with recessed controls, so if it rolls on its face in the van or gets kicked over at the show, you can be sure that it will emerge damage-free. Two metal side handles allow you to easily pick it up and get going. It's ultra-light so you won't need both hands!
Matching Made Easy
Matching speakers to amps can suck the fun out of an otherwise pleasant trip to the music store. Keeping that in mind, PPM mixers and Mackie passive speakers were made for each other. From Mackie's popular C series (C300/200) to their S series (S200), they've designed the mixer to match the power requirements of their passive speakers perfectly. So if you want a truly professional set of tools for your next gig, including a Mackie mixer, onboard compressors, Fast Recovery amplification, twin graphic EQs, and 'gig-ready' effects, pair up a PPM608 and any Mackie Precision Passive loudspeakers for the ultimate, portable, professional P.A. system.
- Sorry - this product is not available to purchase
Brand Mackie Condition Ex-display