Mackie HD1501 Active PA Subwoofer (each)
The Mackie HD1501 15-inch Powered Subwoofer is the perfect compact sub for your HD Series system, creating a lightweight and portable PA solution that sounds great. The HD1501 is capable of producing 1200W of power and it does so in an extremely compact design that's easy to move from gig to gig. Class-D Fast Recovery™ amplification makes the HD1501 ultra-efficient, effortlessly delivering massive power to the 15-inch driver that's custom-designed to handle the job. Expertly tweaked tuning filters, internal crossovers and protection circuitry are designed by EAW for the ultimate in professional performance. Give your Mackie HD, SRMv2 or any other full-range system a much needed hot bass injection with the Mackie HD1501 Powered Subwoofer.
Portable, Professional PA
Just pair up the HD1501 Powered Subwoofer with any HD Series full-range loudspeaker for an extremely portable PA that delivers unmatched clarity and eliminates the need for tons of expensive and heavy outboard gear. The precision-tuned HD1501 is a perfect match for the top boxes, with a high-pass output specifically designed to alleviate the power-hungry low frequencies from getting to your top boxes, allowing them to do what they do best. The entire system features protective circuitry including peak and RMS limiting, over-excursion and thermal protection to keep those lows pumping at all costs. It's also a great match for your SRM450v2.
Power and Agility
The HD1501 Powered Subwoofer delivers 1200 watts of peak power using Mackie's Class-D Fast Recovery™ amplification. Class-D amps allow for extremely high-output in a design that is much lighter than traditional amplifiers. Normally, a sub that can push that kind of power is no fun to lug around. Okay, we can't promise a fun load in, but we can say that your subs are now probably lighter than your bassist's rig. It's also really compact, which means you might even be able to carry it all by yourself…sorry roadies. Plus, the Fast Recovery™ design allows the amplifier to recover more quickly when pushed into clipping. This means less distortion when things get too loud.
Tweaked and Tuned
Mackie has once again called on the sonic geniuses over at EAW to make the HD1501 the most punchy, chest-pounding subwoofer in its class. The ported, direct-radiating design means super-low frequency extension that is smooth and powerful. EAW also custom specified the 15-inch driver to work in perfect harmony with the amplifier. Some of the other guys claim high wattage, but use limiters to reduce the amount of actual power that hits the speaker. This woofer is designed to soak up each and every bit of power the amp puts out. Precision phase control and tuning filters make the HD1501 the perfect companion to the HD1521 or SRM450v2, especially when using the high-pass outputs. A finely tuned, phase aligned and undeniably professional PA system is just a couple of patches away.
Ready for Anything
The HD1501 embodies Mackie's 'Built-Like-A-Tank' philosophy and is certifiably road-worthy. First off, the enclosure is built using 15mm birch. Wood is not only more durable than plastic, but delivers a more natural sound. The HD1501 is finished in a durable textured black paint that minimises the risk of scratching. The grill is equally robust, made using powder coated steel and flush with the enclosure to avoid denting. If you're using the unit for the install market, you can flip off that trademark 'Mackie Blue' LED on the front if you want the HD1501 to blend seamlessly into the background.
Mackie HD1501 Features
• 1200W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery™ amplification
- 600W RMS / 1200W peak power
- 131 dB SPL max output (peak @ 1m)
- 36 Hz - 145 Hz operating range
• 15-inch high-output woofer with 3-inch voice coil
• Active electronics provide complete system optimisation
- Symmetrical Linkwitz-Riley crossover (100Hz, 24dB/octave)
- Precision tuning filters for ultra-accurate bass reproduction
- Phase alignment to perfectly complement Mackie full-range loudspeakers
• Ported, direct-radiating design for maximum punch and low-frequency extension
• Designed and tuned by Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW)
• Dual XLR inputs, full-range and high-pass outputs for mono or stereo setups
• Level control and polarity invert switch with LED indicator
• Signal/limit and thermal LED indicators
• Integrated protection and limiting circuitry
• Rugged all-wood cabinet (15mm birch plywood)
• Pole mount receptacle for mounting full-range speaker
• Compact and lightweight (80 lbs / 36.3 kg)